[Rumor] Droid Bionic Appears in Best Buy Database; Shows In-Stock on Sept 7th

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
best-buy-bionic-sept7-sku.png

There seems to be more confirmation of the rumors suggesting that the Droid Bionic will go on-sale on September 8th. A device that is suspected to be the Bionic, just showed up in Best Buy's database system. Furthermore, it indicates that the device will be in-stock on September 7th. Interestingly, this story had to be "pieced together" to make all the connections. The phone in Best Buy's database doesn't actually say it is the Droid Bionic; however, the SKU on the device is the same as an image for the Droid Bionic that showed up in a Best Buy catalog previously. It still could turn out to be a "false lead", but the signs are starting to line up.

best-buy-bionic-catalog.png

Source: BionicForums.net via AndroidPolice and DroidAttic

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Man, today is just full of Bionic info. But this is good news. If Best Buy gets the phone for a September 8 launch, then maybe Costco will get it soon after (hopefully they still have that deal going on).

bppump911

Reaction score
I Remain Skeptical

Yesterday it was a fake Twitter account. Today it's a screenshot purporting to show Best Buy expecting a "new device" on September 7th. If true, why no official fanfare or announcement yet? Or is this going to be a "stealth" product launch?

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yesterday it was a fake Twitter account. Today it's a screenshot purporting to show Best Buy expecting a "new device" on September 7th. If true, why no official fanfare or announcement yet? Or is this going to be a "stealth" product launch?

hahahahahaha, oh wait, your serious.... see the following:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/168494-bionic-up-drioddoes-com.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/168519-droidlanding-back.html
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-news/168508-bionic-scavenger-hunt.html

lazarus2297

Reaction score

that's not fake....

In the Best Buy system the unreleased phones almost always have a "code name". Most times those phones will drop ship to the individual retail locations, as opposed to going through the Dist. Centers..

ummm I mean that's what I heard anyway...:)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Notice also it's out of stock date is 8\20\2013. Surely no one's naive enough to believe you'll still be able to pick one of these up new by that point, look at the D1. :icon_rolleyes:

jodyberry

Reaction score
I'll never get an Iphone, but I gotta give it to Apple for their announcements.

Android phones have 50 rumor threads, 5000 posts and second guessing when it will arrive, then it MAY arrive or MAY be postponed.

Compared to...

Apple announces new item will be available on X day. Item arrives on X day. Everyone's happy.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I guess I'm content trading a better/more open OS for a better more strict PR department

lazarus2297

Reaction score
Notice also it's out of stock date is 8\20\2013. Surely no one's naive enough to believe you'll still be able to pick one of these up new by that point, look at the D1. :icon_rolleyes:

The out of stock date in BBY systems means nothing...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums