[Rumor] Apple Might Finally be Making an iTune's App for Android

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
iTunes-Radio-three-up-iPhone-5.jpg

If you could find a way to profit from your competitor's success without actually hurting your own, wouldn't you consider it? Apparently, that's the conundrum Apple has ignored for too long, but might be ready to face. According to the latest intel, Apple might finally be ready to "pull the trigger" on an iTunes app for Android. Supposedly, digital music downloads are down for iTunes, and that has Tim Cook rethinking Apple's policy of no iTunes for other platforms.

Even more than that, it appears that Apple is looking to expand iTunes to become much more than it is now. Here's a quote with a few more details,

Beyond that, Apple is also reportedly looking to transform iTunes into a more contemporary service, with the company said to be in the “exploratory” stages of crafting a subscription-based model to rival the likes of Spotify and Google Play Music. It’s a natural evolution of the business Apple helped create, and they don’t want to be left behind if popularity of subscription-based streaming models stay on the rise.

It seems like an iTunes app for Android is a win-win. They get to profit from being on more devices, and they get to potentially draw more users to the iOS ecosystem. It could be a back-door way of stealing a few customers back from Android. Would you like to see iTunes come to Android?

Source: Phandroid

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Sounds like their userbase is shrinking so much they aren't making enough money from the iTunes music store to make them happy.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
No thanks, I'm good.

badtoy1986

Reaction score
I see them making more money with iTunes this way. BUT, it will also make the switch FROM apple TO Android much easier as many people that use i products have a lot of purchased media in iTunes and many of them don't know how to download and rip their cloud stored music and movies. This will make it so they can now buy an Android phone and have all of their media without any extra work.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I see them making more money with iTunes this way. BUT, it will also make the switch FROM apple TO Android much easier as many people that use i products have a lot of purchased media in iTunes and many of them don't know how to download and rip their cloud stored music and movies. This will make it so they can now buy an Android phone and have all of their media without any extra work.

But I doubt apple will use their DRM on Android. If anything they'll bring a new DRM to android or only sell non DRM music at a higher price on Android. Either way, here is my reply to them
View attachment 70119

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great responses! Hilarious! I figured this would be the case when I posted this. :)