RSD Lite error message

Reaction score
So I finally decided to root my phone and install a custom rom on it, and I am trying to follow these instructions:
Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I installed RSD Lite, the driver, the .sbf file, and the ultimate droid theme. I connected my phone to the computer and put it in the boot logger screen, and RSD Lite recognizes it. When I clicked on the three ...s and opened the file, under status it says

"Platform is not defined for CDMA_TYPE-OMAP_CHIPSET."

I dont know what this means, or if it is even bad, but I don't want to run the file and screw up my phone (because i love it so much).

Someone please help me!!!!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I am going to move this to the rooted section of RS for better assistance

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
So I finally decided to root my phone and install a custom rom on it, and I am trying to follow these instructions:
Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

I installed RSD Lite, the driver, the .sbf file, and the ultimate droid theme. I connected my phone to the computer and put it in the boot logger screen, and RSD Lite recognizes it. When I clicked on the three ...s and opened the file, under status it says

"Platform is not defined for CDMA_TYPE-OMAP_CHIPSET."

I dont know what this means, or if it is even bad, but I don't want to run the file and screw up my phone (because i love it so much).

Someone please help me!!!!

I wrote up some instructions and include that video that Droid-life put together too. It is in the 3rd link of my signature below.

CDMA is the type of chipset Verizon phones use. It is why the Droid won't work in Europe...the cell tower network is different. So, your phone should have that chipset if you are using a Moto Droid.

"under Status" where? In RSD Lite? On the phone itself?

1) do you have a moto droid?
2) if you follow the directions in my link below where do you get stuck?

It also is possible you downloaded a corrupted file but I doubt that is the case. You could try downloading it again, from the droid-life link or the link in my signature, and try to install again.

OP
M
Reaction score
I looked at your instructions, and I guess I had RSD Lite 4.5.3 downloaded off the droid life website, and yours is RSD Lite 4.6. So I downloaded 4.6 and the driver from your instructions, and now when I open the program, it doesn't give me the error message.

I'll actually try rooting the phone tomorrow when I have more time, but I think I fixed it so far. I'll post again tomorrow and tell you if it worked or not.

Thanks so much!

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry Merlins but quick question: So you flashed your phone to 2.0.1 stock? What did you have to do? Just sign in and dial *228? thanks

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
I believe he is using the SPRecovery_ESE81.sbf file created by DroidMod. That is what I see when I read through the links and other info he provided.

OP
M
Reaction score
Sorry Merlins but quick question: So you flashed your phone to 2.0.1 stock? What did you have to do? Just sign in and dial *228? thanks

No I had a stock 2.1 droid and followed these instructions (Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog) and (Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog). I'm not sure exactly what it did, but it didn't flash to 2.0.1 and once you install a custom rom, that roots it for you. Then you just sign into your google account and it loads everything (just like you do when you first get the phone).

Anyway, I got it to work!!! I just had to download RSD Lite 4.6 instead of 4.5.3. And now I have jrummys cyan thingy. Its awesome!!

Thanks so much for the help to all the brilliant people on here!! this forum is awesome and ive learned so much from it!

christim - thanks for the directions in your sig, they helped a ton!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

claytronmeans

Reaction score
I was previously having the same problem with two different versions of RSD lite. After installing 4.6 it worked perfectly.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

No I had a stock 2.1 droid and followed these instructions (Video: Flashing SPRecovery SBF to Stock 2.1 | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog) and (Video: Installing a Custom ROM Using SPRecovery | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog). I'm not sure exactly what it did, but it didn't flash to 2.0.1 and once you install a custom rom, that roots it for you. Then you just sign into your google account and it loads everything (just like you do when you first get the phone).

Anyway, I got it to work!!! I just had to download RSD Lite 4.6 instead of 4.5.3. And now I have jrummys cyan thingy. Its awesome!!

Thanks so much for the help to all the brilliant people on here!! this forum is awesome and ive learned so much from it!

christim - thanks for the directions in your sig, they helped a ton!!:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

Glad it worked for you. I've still got to find time to try that rom out too!

DF has tons of stuff here and plenty of good peeps. I'm still picking up good info all the time.

dogdays

Reaction score
I am having problems with RSD Lite even seeing my phone. Do you have any ideas?

JCo352

Reaction score
I am having problems with RSD Lite even seeing my phone. Do you have any ideas?

Go to "Config", then "DeviceID Options", then check "First-come-first-serve DeviceID Options"

dogdays

Reaction score
I've tried that and it still doesn't see my phone. I have been trying to do this for about 8 hours. I am on a stock 2.1. What is it that I am not getting. It shouldn't be this hard.

JCo352

Reaction score
I've tried that and it still doesn't see my phone. I have been trying to do this for about 8 hours. I am on a stock 2.1. What is it that I am not getting. It shouldn't be this hard.

Did you download the right drivers?
Edit: Also did you restart RSD after you changed that setting?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Is your phone on the boot loader screen?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

dogdays

Reaction score
yes I restarted and I verified that I had the right drivers. I am going to uninstall RSD and drivers and try again.