route plotter for GPS

r1nstang

Reaction score
Is there anyway to use the GPS navagation for a pre plotted trip? I can do point to point. but what if i want to chose my own route. backroads, etc etc into the route. is there any way to do that? I'd still like to use the navagator that way I can have phone in pocket, earbud under helmet and blast the twisties on my motorcycle. but in texas its hard to find twisties. So i need to pre plot my routes

tameone

Reaction score
You can create a multi-point route in Google Maps (I don't know if you can do this in the app), then save the map using your google account, then access it in the Google Maps app. From here, you MIGHT be able to launch navigator to traverse this route.. I don't know if will support multi destinations though.. I know it will work for point to point this way.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
hmmm ill try that while im trying to look busy at work tomorrow haha

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've never found a way to get Google Maps Nav to do this. You can certainly view your maps as a layer in Google Maps but nav won't follow the route.

Another GPS nav app (keep in mind that Google Maps Nav is just one app of many out there) might but I haven't specifically looked for such a feature.

but in texas its hard to find twisties.
Depends on where you are. Texas is a big state. They're rare here in the Gulf Plains but plentiful in the Hill Country.

OP
R

r1nstang

Reaction score
I've never found a way to get Google Maps Nav to do this. You can certainly view your maps as a layer in Google Maps but nav won't follow the route.

Another GPS nav app (keep in mind that Google Maps Nav is just one app of many out there) might but I haven't specifically looked for such a feature.

but in texas its hard to find twisties.
Depends on where you are. Texas is a big state. They're rare here in the Gulf Plains but plentiful in the Hill Country.

Ill look into all the other GPS apps. thanks

yeah texas is a big state and im sure there are twisties somewhere...but i dont wanna drive hours and hours to get to them haha