Rooting the Moto Droid...

Foreverrr

Reaction score
I know theres a bunch of talk about rooting droid and How-to's, but I would just like to clarify how risky it is actually rooting a motorola droid. What are the odds of it actually ending in disaster if all I want to do is root/overclock? Is overclocking worth it? is it that much faster?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread.

Thank you.

Lars1

Reaction score
There are more threads on the benefits/dangers of rooting on this forum than I can count.

If you want to get more out of your DROID listen to Nike and,

JUST DO IT!dancedroid

gatecitycanes

Reaction score
I hemmed and hawed about doing it for three months. I finally did it this weekend and it was totally worth it.

Overclocking alone is worth it. I installed BB 0.4 and it's set up to run at 800 mhz and it made a big difference in how my phone was running.

Feltmacer

Reaction score
Droid is 99.9% brick proof. Not precisely, but almost.

If something does happen to it, then our excellent Rescue Squad can help get you back in shape. It's so easy though, it's hard to mess up.

Enjoy the addiction :)

erikfig

Reaction score
There are more threads on the benefits/dangers of rooting on this forum than I can count.

If you want to get more out of your DROID listen to Nike and,

JUST DO IT!dancedroid

Agree.........

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
As with anything you change there are pros and cons. You and only you can decide if rooting is for you. Go to the hacking section in the forum tab and read, read, read. Check out the many Youtube videos as well. Educate yourself then decide.

Mike