Rooting problems

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
So I have 2.3.3/4.5.608 and I try the one click moto root program or the Droid 3 root thingy v7 and it says successful however when I use a root required program, it gives me an error that my phone is not rooted.

What am I doing wrong?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Feudalplague

Reaction score
this could be something with internal data that ive had happen to me before.. my suggestion is go through the unroot procedure then root again with (im guessing you using petes root tools) if it doesnt work. then sbf and immediately upgrade to .608 again. then try root and you should be good

ive had this problem before so its best you just try that.

OP
dAmnDroid

dAmnDroid

Reaction score
this could be something with internal data that ive had happen to me before.. my suggestion is go through the unroot procedure then root again with (im guessing you using petes root tools) if it doesnt work. then sbf and immediately upgrade to .608 again. then try root and you should be good

ive had this problem before so its best you just try that.

I use the pete tool to unroot and root and it works fine now.

jeremyclose

Reaction score
Okay well I have a Droid 2 and iv been trying to root it for a wile now. I have run into problems so im starting fresh. I need to root from the phone. Not from a pc (don't have one). Any advice???? This would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
use Pete's
How To Root: One-Click for Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008
  1. Your phone must be connected via USB data cable to your computer and recognized.
  2. If your phone is connected, but not recognized, you may need to install one of these software drivers:
  3. Download this one-click root package: PetesMotorolaRootTools_v1.07.zip
  4. Extract the contents of the one-click root package to a new folder on your computer.
  5. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled on your device. This should be under Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
  6. From the new folder on your computer, double-click on Pete's Motorola Root Tools to begin the root process.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the root process.
  8. unlocking screen may be necessary after Pete's reboots phone so it can continue.