Rooting Pro

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok...so I'm thinking about rooting my Pro with z4root...but before I take that leap I need for some of you "Droid Wizards" to recommend things I should do BEFORE rooting, additional apps that I should have on-hand before starting and apps that would be considered "essential" to have after rooting (in case something goes wrong).

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Nothing should go wrong on the rooting process. Essentially you're just flipping a switch. No real prep work needed :)

As for what to do after you're rooted, that's a whole different story. All depends on what upu want to get out of the phone.

tappin and a talkin

OP
jpcalhoun

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Nothing should go wrong on the rooting process. Essentially you're just flipping a switch. No real prep work needed :)

As for what to do after you're rooted, that's a whole different story. All depends on what upu want to get out of the phone.

tappin and a talkin

Thanks for the prompt response. I know what I DON"T want to do right away and that is start deleting things. I suspect there are some pretty neat apps out there that will run only if you are rooted...tether, Titanium Backup etc. So I don't want to do anything that is really "out there", but want the flexibility to enhance the phone's potential when I can.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Then my biggest suggestion out of the gate would be to grab titanium backup pro to freeze some bloatware. Also you can get adfree if that's what you're in to. Oh and a screen shot app.

tappin and a talkin