Rooting my X? ?

bamaboy74

Reaction score
Anybody willing to get on yahoo messenger and help me root this thing? ??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

N

Nickchapa

Download the app called "z4root" off the internet and install it and its just one click away to hit root. Try it its way easuer than the command prompt way. Same outcome also

OP
bamaboy74

bamaboy74

Reaction score
I had a buddy send it to me in a email. It says click to install. Will that work? Im just not sure about backing stuff up ext.

OP
bamaboy74

bamaboy74

Reaction score
I now have the Z4root app on my phone. Anybody willing to he'll out?

fatpomp

Reaction score
Install z4root on your phone but reboot your phone before you run it. After it boots up make sure you have usb debugging checked under Menu>Settings>Applications>Development. Then go to z4root and hit permanent root. It will do its thing and then reboot. Once it reboots go to the market and download droid X Bootstrap so you can make a backup of your phone.

Aiwa

Reaction score
I just tried the directions above in order to root my Droid X for the first time. I installed z4root and rooted and it rebooted already. However I don't want to pay for bootstrap since I am only trying out rooting for the first time. Is there any other free alternative? Also is it bad if I don't download bootstrap instantly after rooting with z4?

OP
bamaboy74

bamaboy74

Reaction score
OK...so im now rooted. I have titanium pro and bootstrap. But all ive done so far is root the phone. I still have alot of questions. I just like to make sure every topic and concern i have is covered!! I understand that i need to back up my stuff before i choose roms to use. Where can i get the Roms? do i need to be hooked up to laptop?? Or can i do this on phone alone??

BodyBagz

Reaction score
OK...so im now rooted. I have titanium pro and bootstrap. But all ive done so far is root the phone. I still have alot of questions. I just like to make sure every topic and concern i have is covered!! I understand that i need to back up my stuff before i choose roms to use. Where can i get the Roms? do i need to be hooked up to laptop?? Or can i do this on phone alone??

1) Before you go any further, fire up Bootstrapper and make a complete Nandroid back-up of your system as it is now in case something were to happen later, at least you can load this back-up and have a working device.

2) You can download ROM`s straight to your phone, but I myself prefer to download them to my PC since I have a super fast cable connection and some ROMS are fairly large in size. Once I have them downloaded to my PC, I then transfer the ROM file to my SD Card via either USB or Awesom Drop wirelessly.

3) In order to find ROMs, you are where you need to be...Droid Forums, DX Forum, ROM section...there are many to choose from.

4) Any other questions, feel free to ask...being from Bama myself, I will gladly help as much as I can...

OP
bamaboy74

bamaboy74

Reaction score
OK so once i do the back up. and reboot it will bring me back to stock until i find a rom??

OP
bamaboy74

bamaboy74

Reaction score
OK i have done my backup through bootstrapper. Im ready for a ROM. Do i need to use Rom Manager??