Rooted, installed Froyo now wifi doesnt work

cnmsales

Reaction score
If someone could please help me I would be greatly appreciative. Last night I rooted my Moto Droid. I installed the froyo update linked to in the instructions in the other hacking forum here. I then installed the PS3 UL125 kernal. Since doing this my wifi does not work. When I turn it on, it tries to connect to the AP but site on Obtaining IP and just hangs there. Eventually it will rescan and do the same thing.

Im loving having the phone rooted and everything else is working perfectly. But the main reason for rooting was for the wifi tethering. If someone could please help.

Thank You

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
What Froyo ROM did you install? Also, I suggest trying a few other kernels because I bet its a kernel issue. If kernel changing doesn't fix it I might suggest trying a different Froyo ROM or reinstalling...

darklancer567

Reaction score
Try one of ChevyNo1's kernels. I had the same issue using that guide. Once installed my wifi worked and my phone even handles OC'ing better without getting too hot (ULV all the way).

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok, tried a new kernal. Wifi seems to be working properly now. Thanks for your help!!!

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
I was already on a p3 ulv , ive now switched to p3 Standard 250 1100 and everything seems to be working good now. How can i monitor my temp and what is the max I want to go w temp?

OP
cnmsales

cnmsales

Reaction score
Ok so I take that back. When I got to work it worked fine on there wifi. Just simple wep security. But when I got home still not working. I hve MAC address controll turned on w/ my router so I am guessing this is cauing it not to work at home.