Rooted 2.0.1 - Trying to unroot - Error Status 7

psufan5

Reaction score
Hello.

I originally put this in the troubleshooting section but was told it belongs here. Basically I have a 2.0.1 rooted phone and would like to take it to a stock 2.0.1 using the update.zip file from Verizon. I did this once before with no problem, but now it seems that I cannot. I am getting an update error status 7 message on my screen. I see this is a common issue with doing this, but I cant find a solution. The file is named update.zip and not update.zip.zip or anything funky. Its the same file I successfully used before also.

Thanks for any help possible!

ddarvish

Reaction score
why do you care if you unroot it or not.. it doesnt make a difference

Droidlicous

Reaction score
Why does everyone ask why they want to unroot their Droid? They just don't want it rooted obviously so does anyone have the answer or just smart -ss answers?!?

mjones1052

Reaction score
are you using the stock recovery image? I am having this problem too and I just thought that maybe the stock 2.0.1 image won't go on in the hacked recovery image

tdawg5480

Reaction score
:icon_ peace:why mjones thats a sexy blue eye you got in your sig.....mind sharing ?
are you using the stock recovery image? I am having this problem too and I just thought that maybe the stock 2.0.1 image won't go on in the hacked recovery image

mjones1052

Reaction score
haha sure! I just messed with the color channels of the red eye wallpaper

Also, for the love of God, can anyone tell me why I can't see any recovery-from-boot.p or install-recovery.sh anywhere in my system?

I wanted to take the phone completely to stock, and restart this whole process with a clean slate now that I know what I'm doing.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone ask why they want to unroot their Droid? They just don't want it rooted obviously so does anyone have the answer or just smart -ss answers?!?

QFT. Although the ONLY reason I can see to unroot a Droid is for warranty replacement reasons. Otherwise, it sort of pays to have it rooted. Even if the only thing you do is use the custom recovery partition to make nandroid backups (which can then be stored on your PC, a USB thumbdrive, or anywhere else convenient)

The ability to create a complete image of your current system state overshadows any other cool things you can do with a rooted phone. Once you've had the need to restore from a backup ONCE, you see the value of rooting.