[ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V1.1 Android 2.1 ESE81

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I've been using BBV1.1 for about a week or so now and was interested in using a different kernal to overclock it.

Can I simply download the kernal's zip file to my SD card, reboot into clockwork, choose the zip file and flash it over my current setup or will I need to wipe my phone like when I originally installed BB? I'd like to use BEKIT7X800LV or the 1GHz one.

You got it!

Sent from my Droid thru Time and Space

jakechance

Reaction score
Okay so I have the basics but I still don't know if I'll have to wipe my phone or not. If I will I'd rather wait until the Froyo rom comes along more.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
Okay so I have the basics but I still don't know if I'll have to wipe my phone or not. If I will I'd rather wait until the Froyo rom comes along more.

No need to wipe just to install a kernel. Always make a backup, though, just in case. If you use ROM Manager and Clockwork Recovery to apply update.zip style updates (like kernels), it will give you the option of automatically performing a backup before applying it. Very convenient!

jlaidlaw

Reaction score
If your coming from 2.1 you don't necessarily have to wipe but you could have problems if you don't. It really depends on your phone because some people have FCs and other problems if they don't wipe. Make a backup and try without wiping because it doesn't hurt to try.

Sent from my Droid

JerryB

Reaction score
9 home screens???

This may have been answered, but could not find in a search...

I am running BB v1.1 and love it, but I am using ADW Launcher on top of it. I would prefer to just run Pete's stock launcher (which looks great), but it has an automatic 9 home screens, which I do not need or want.

Is it possible to have less than 9 home screens on the stock BB launcher, preferably 5??? I could not find how to change number of homescreens???

ArchAngel

Reaction score
This may have been answered, but could not find in a search...

I am running BB v1.1 and love it, but I am using ADW Launcher on top of it. I would prefer to just run Pete's stock launcher (which looks great), but it has an automatic 9 home screens, which I do not need or want.

Is it possible to have less than 9 home screens on the stock BB launcher, preferably 5??? I could not find how to change number of homescreens???
From main screen hit menu key :) dancedroid

jakechance

Reaction score
So I used the 800MHz rom for BBv1.1 and didn't have to wipe or anything. It was pretty damn smooth with clockwork and I haven't noticed any problems or FCs.

disassemble

Reaction score
i'm upset. please help.

just upgraded from v1.0 to 1.1 and all i am getting is force close... everything... could that mean my kernel needs to be upgraded or down graded?

also wtf happened to the launcher?!!? before it had everything on it... now all i see is the menu button.. i needed that phone button on there..

i'm using sprecovery.. so how should i fix all these force clsoes... phones pretty much useless atm

and i def had firmware 2.2 now i have 2.1... what did i do lol

Jaggezz

Reaction score
Just went from the stock 2.1 by pete to the BB 1.1 earlier today. Downloaded it straight from rom manager and it was a very clean, painless install. I chose the 800 mhz kernel, and smoked glass theme. My battery temp has been around 100 degrees farenheit all day, and the cpu has been around the same (using temp monitor lite). I was wondering if I upgraded to the 1000hz kernel, if I would see a significant increase in temperature, and if so, what's the acceptable range? I'm somewhat worried about it running too hot and frying the cpu.

I've been working outisde all day in 90 degree weather, so that surely doesn't help. In the ac, it usually hovers around 30 celsius.

Thanks for the help, and thanks to pete on the awesome work.
Been running for a few hours without any issues or force closes.

disassemble

Reaction score
please help ASAP i run my business off my phone and now i can't make or receive any calls cause it keeps Force Closing EVERYTHING.. how do i swap the kernel?

i'm upset. please help.

just upgraded from v1.0 to 1.1 and all i am getting is force close... everything... could that mean my kernel needs to be upgraded or down graded?

also wtf happened to the launcher?!!? before it had everything on it... now all i see is the menu button.. i needed that phone button on there..

i'm using sprecovery.. so how should i fix all these force clsoes... phones pretty much useless atm

angler1

Reaction score
Have you tried pulling the battery?
Also maybe do a clean install. Wipe data and cache.
What kernel are you using?
If it still force closes maybe is the kernel. Also launcher pro has the phone icon. Good luck

angler1

Reaction score
please help ASAP i run my business off my phone and now i can't make or receive any calls cause it keeps Force Closing EVERYTHING.. how do i swap the kernel?

i'm upset. please help.

Ah you downloaded a 2.1 rom is what you did. You should've wiped coming from 2.2. Wipe data and cache and reinstall you should be good. Never had a problem with this rom

disassemble

Reaction score

i'm upset. please help.

Ah you downloaded a 2.1 rom is what you did. You should've wiped coming from 2.2. Wipe data and cache and reinstall you should be good. Never had a problem with this rom

whats better 2.1 or 2.2?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
just upgraded from v1.0 to 1.1 and all i am getting is force close

Well, I can tell you one thing - you DEFINITELY did NOT upgrade from v1.0 to v1.1. Firmware 2.2 is ONLY available in BB 0.1, 0.2 and 0.2.1. Perhaps you had 0.1 installed? From 0.1, going to 1.1 is NOT an upgrade. It's a downgrade, and a pretty violent one at that. You would need to wipe your data to do that, for sure. There's another thread on here discussing how Pete's version numbers are confusing for new users, and I think you just became the poster child for that :)

... everything... could that mean my kernel needs to be upgraded or down graded?
No, kernel has nothing to do with it.

Yep - sounds like you had froyo installed (AndroidOS 2.2, BB version 0.1) and now you downgraded to Eclair (AndroidOS 2.1, BB version 1.1).

My suggestion - revert to the backup you made right before installing the "upgrade". You DID make a backup, right?

Se7enLC

Reaction score
whats better 2.1 or 2.2?

Depends.

The 2.1-based Bugless Beast (version 1.1) is "Stable" - it's been around for awhile and it works really well.

The 2.2-based Bugless Beast (version 0.1, 0.2, 0.2.1) is "Experimental" - It's only been here for a matter of days and it's very much a work in progress. There ARE bugs in this ROM, despite the name bugless. You WILL have problems with it. BUT, you will also get cutting-edge software and exciting new features.

It's up to you what you pick. If you want stability and reliability, install 1.1 and wait for the Froyo-based bugless beast to go stable before installing. If you want to walk on the wild-side, install 0.2.1 and prepare for the ride!

In either case, you've really munged things up at the moment, so you need to either revert to a backup or wipe your data partition.