[ROM] [ROM STABLE] Bugless Beast V0.4 Android 2.2 FRF84B (Fully Deodexed)

drkow19

Reaction score
I got an Eris on June 6th, because I was running HTC XV6900 with Android and it was really getting old. Eris was free upgrade, thanks to my family plan and other discounts. When I couldn't root that, I went for the next best thing. But yeah I only had 30 days to return Eris, so I had to make a decision yesterday, and I couldn't be happier with the Droid. Droid X would seem SOOO big to me coming from Eris and the even smaller XV6900. My new-every-two is coming up next summer also, so at that time I'm sure I can get a 1.5 Ghz dual core phone.

ladodger1717

Reaction score
Nice work Pete! I have been running this ROM since it was released with NexTheme and Chevy's ULV 1.1 Kernel. Everything runs great. I am having one problem with the apps2sd though. When I set the script to install to the sd card I get installation unsuccessful errors. I ended up installing them in the internal memory and then moving them to the sd card manually by switching the scripts. But now when I try to update apps that are on the sd card I am getting the same problem......"Installation unsuccessful". Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Thanks.

madrunner01

Reaction score
Hey guys can someone give me a bit of help. Not new to rooting, but I just installed this ROM, and now my wifi isn't working properly. It will connect/disconnect/connect/disconnet. It's just going through that loop. It was fine before. Any idea's what could be causing this ?? Thanks

madrunner01

Reaction score
I have tried wiping both data/cache. I have tried going back down to 0.3 and the problem is still there. The previous ROM on this phone was one of the first early simple stunning roms. and everything worked fine. Any help ??? I need my wifi.

iPhoneBlowz

Reaction score
I have tried wiping both data/cache. I have tried going back down to 0.3 and the problem is still there. The previous ROM on this phone was one of the first early simple stunning roms. and everything worked fine. Any help ??? I need my wifi.

This might be a stupid question, but did you make sure that you setup your wifi login again after flashing the new ROM. I use Titanium Backup and it saves my wifi and bluetooth info.

One other thing to try maybe would be to reset your router. Unplug the power (must UNPLUG not just power off) wait 10 seconds or so. Plug it back in. Give it a minute to get running again and then try to connect.

droidtom

Reaction score
Just a follow up on battery life. I was running SS and the battery life was poor with a lv 1000 even running 550. With BB 0.4 and the kernel he had included with no changes the battery life is easily the best I have had since I got the phone. Fantastic.

bronx finest

Reaction score
Hey Pete,

I know one person's opinion wants doesn't speak for an entire crowd, but do you think you could give an option for 360 rotation in launcher/phone as well? That's pretty much the only reason I use LauncherPro, and even then I don't have the phone rotation that I would love.

Thanks!

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Hey Pete,

I know one person's opinion wants doesn't speak for an entire crowd, but do you think you could give an option for 360 rotation in launcher/phone as well? That's pretty much the only reason I use LauncherPro, and even then I don't have the phone rotation that I would love.

Thanks!

chevys ss 4.3 has 360 rotation it dont matter which launcher you use

jasonppp

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
One other thing to try maybe would be to reset your router. Unplug the power (must UNPLUG not just power off) wait 10 seconds or so. Plug it back in. Give it a minute to get running again and then try to connect.

wrong you dont gotta resync your router the issue is with the phone configuration not the router. only time you gotta resync router is when a. changed settings or b. you lost internet for a little bit. but nowadays routers resync on their own

buckfill

Reaction score
I have to take a moment of Pete's time to tell him, thanks! This ROM is nutty good on battery life. I really wanted to try the "virgin", but I just don't want to break a good thing now. I unplugged at 0700am yesterday and when I went to bed at midnight the meter said 80%. I went into settings and the meter there said 70%. Either way, i'm satisfied. I haven't changed a single thing about my phone usage and this setup is noticeably better. I had almost 30 minutes of voice calls. I also text under 50 messages a day. Email (exchange and gmail) are my big hitters. I'm pretty much in those anytime I'm away from my desk. I don't do games or social media, so maybe that makes me under average. I will say coming from a blackberry late last year that I am now very satisfied with by droid.

One final note.... I am running chevy's ulv 800. I hear even the stock kernel on BB is good, though.

Thanks again and I confirmed my support via paypal!

madrunner01

Reaction score

This might be a stupid question, but did you make sure that you setup your wifi login again after flashing the new ROM. I use Titanium Backup and it saves my wifi and bluetooth info.

Yeah that was pretty stupid lol. I set up my wireless again. Both on the phone and a router reset. I know its not my router having issues. It's something wrong on the phone. The wifi was working perfectly before I flashed this.

cdub998

Reaction score
I am having a strange problem. Not sure if anyone has seen this but I tried a search. I have my droid in the dock most of the day and listen to music. It seems that whenever an email notification comes in the music will cut off. No matter what i am playing. Has been with the standard music player, Google Listen, pandora.
Apps need to be updated to work with the resume feature, maybe it's a slightly different command in Froyo.

Does that mean I need to do something? Its getting a little annoying.

lunargecko

Reaction score
I have to take a moment of Pete's time to tell him, thanks! This ROM is nutty good on battery life. I really wanted to try the "virgin", but I just don't want to break a good thing now. I unplugged at 0700am yesterday and when I went to bed at midnight the meter said 80%. I went into settings and the meter there said 70%. Either way, i'm satisfied. I haven't changed a single thing about my phone usage and this setup is noticeably better. I had almost 30 minutes of voice calls. I also text under 50 messages a day. Email (exchange and gmail) are my big hitters. I'm pretty much in those anytime I'm away from my desk. I don't do games or social media, so maybe that makes me under average. I will say coming from a blackberry late last year that I am now very satisfied with by droid.

One final note.... I am running chevy's ulv 800. I hear even the stock kernel on BB is good, though.

Thanks again and I confirmed my support via paypal!

Nooo, don't try the virgin, then you miss out on all the scripts and other enhancements! :p

lunargecko

Reaction score

Yeah that was pretty stupid lol. I set up my wireless again. Both on the phone and a router reset. I know its not my router having issues. It's something wrong on the phone. The wifi was working perfectly before I flashed this.

I've heard that the wifi on the phone can be glitchy if you don't broadcast your SSID or use something other than WEP, like WPA or WPA2, to encrypt your connection. Are either of these the case in your situation?