[ROM STABLE] Android 2.2 FRG01B (Clean, Untouched, Virgin)

jlnguyen

Reaction score
i'm running this rom w/ the kernel that came with it... and to my surprise, its running faster than when i was on BB 0.4 with 1.0ghz kernel. battery life is MUCH better too. thanks a lot pete!

zero7404

Reaction score
so, once downloaded from his site, how do you install this rom on the phone ?
My guide is easy to follow.

thanks, now the last time i upgraded to 2.1, i downloaded the update.zip and just did the steps under Upgrade section. why is SPrecovery necessary ?

i back up my contacts/settings using mybackup pro or google sync. back up my apps using astro.

thanks for the help ...

cbjohns

Reaction score
Noooooooo

If this is what they're pushing out...and Pete's is based off of this...then that sucks. Only because of the 802.1x bug in Froyo.

Issue 8804 - android - wpa_supplicant 0.6.10 (froyo) unable to auth in a wpa2/enterpise wifi - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cannot connect to Eduroam since upgrading to 2.2 Froyo - Android Help

Android 2.2 Can't connect to the corporate WiFi network with EAP 802.1x - Android Help

Well, when the 2.2 update gets pushed out. There are going to be a lot of upset users since going from 2.1 to 2.2 screws it up. Pete, is this something you can fix in your ROM? dancedroid

dwoid

Reaction score
There are other bugs too... I'm pretty convinced FRG01B is not the last beta. They wouldn't be able to handle all the complaints.

Not to say FRG01B isn't good, but it does have some flaws at the system level that need to be fixed before OTA time. And I'm sure Verizon and Moto are still working on it.

TechJPC

Reaction score
Hi, I installed the deodexed version this morning and ran a Titanium restore and received this error message. I've re-flashed ClockworkMod recovery several times and still have the same problem.

Thanks
Joe

Attachments

• CAP2010080309091.jpg
    CAP2010080309091.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 173

maslan

Reaction score
i'm running this rom w/ the kernel that came with it... and to my surprise, its running faster than when i was on BB 0.4 with 1.0ghz kernel. battery life is MUCH better too. thanks a lot pete!

Me too. I tried all the ROM's and stayed with BB for a while. Then tried Sapphire because i kept having wifi issues with BB. Sapphire was rock solid for a while - but i wanted to try stock. This thing is great. Thanks Pete.

audioman42

Reaction score
has anyone else been experiencing VERY choppy flash videos with this rom? if not, please let me know which kernel you are using.

thanks

cbjohns

Reaction score
If this is what they're pushing out...and Pete's is based off of this...then that sucks. Only because of the 802.1x bug in Froyo.

Issue 8804 - android - wpa_supplicant 0.6.10 (froyo) unable to auth in a wpa2/enterpise wifi - Project Hosting on Google Code

Cannot connect to Eduroam since upgrading to 2.2 Froyo - Android Help

Android 2.2 Can't connect to the corporate WiFi network with EAP 802.1x - Android Help

Well, when the 2.2 update gets pushed out. There are going to be a lot of upset users since going from 2.1 to 2.2 screws it up. Pete, is this something you can fix in your ROM? dancedroid

Well, guess that settles that. If you were using 802.1x Enterprise on your android phone just fine in 2.1...then when you go 2.2...you're out of luck till they fix it. That just sucks. True not many people use Wi-Fi. But...dang....

cbjohns

Reaction score
Thanks Pete for getting this out so quickly!!!

This confirmed what I had feared. The college kids aren't going to enjoy coming back to campus and finding out they can't get on wi-fi anymore.

Thanks for everything you've done for the Android Community :), and even during your camping trip. Enjoy yourself man!

ropeguru

Reaction score
ROM not available anymore???

Looking for a stock firmware for my droid.

mikezpc

Reaction score
by far the best rom for droid i've tried, been running it since it came out, and switching to sense every once in a while. i just wish i could disable that update notification, i know it wont update, but it can be annoying to have it go into recovery then not flashing (which sprecovery is not supposed to let it flash it)
it can get annoying and would be nice to get rid of it for good