[ROM STABLE] Android 2.2 FRF84B (Clean, Untouched, Virgin)

eddieonofre

Reaction score

dieselbmw

Reaction score
I would like to know the difference between the 2 as well. I have no idea what those words mean either.

smokingmonkeydroid

Reaction score
Thanks again Pete for all your wonderful hard work. I understand this is a virgin version of froyo and i downloaded the deodexed version for the options. Not to sound like a noob here, but I am curious if anyone has flashed any themes over it anyway and if they have which ones worked. I am putting this on my girlfriends phone because she wants adobe flash w/o any other mods but I would like to flash a theme on there as well...any thoughts?

scrizzo

Reaction score
I may be wrong but my understanding of "deodexed" is allowing files to be write-able instead of read-only. This would allow easier modifications and themes. I'm going to guess any theme out for the current 2.2 build would work on this one as long as its deodexed.

Again, this is just a guess from what my current understanding is.

Bear in NM

Reaction score
As to the themes, I am running 928's smoked glass with no problems. I have also metamorphed a few widgets to clear, again with no problems.

Thank you Eitel for the market tip on Busybox. I had to reinstall the rom on Sunday due to some stupidity trying to reflash my baseband while roaming, and going back to an older rom during the weekend to try and get my cell phone roaming working. The market busybox seems to work, and does look to properly symlink in bin. Metamorph and Titanium seem to be cool with this version of busybox.

The only issue I am seeing right now is that whenever I toggle the r/o r/w switch in root explorer, my su gets broken. I have this isolated, and confirmed and have also confirmed that SUFBS (another root explorer type program) does not break SU. I am not sure if it is caused by a faulty root explorer program, possibly this version of Busybox or what, but I will trouble shoot it when I get some time. Otherwise, this stock rom works wonderfully. No other issues at all.

Craig

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
Alright I successfully installed the deodexed(whatever the hell that means) rom onto my droid last night and I'm happy to report that it worked, but I have a few gripes and concerns.
Firstly, and I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but HOW DO I DO THE WIFI TETHERING THING CUZ I CAN'T FIND THE OPTION!!! I've been hearing that the feature has been missing and if it still is so for this build can somebody explain in terms I can understand how I can get it??

and the other two things I noticed(though its not a HUGE DEAL) is that I've been having trouble with the google search widget. I know i can just touch the physical search button but I shouldnt be having this problem. Whenever I touch the widget to search something the bar will just turn yellow as I have my finger on it and I can't search anything using that method(sometimes a window will pop up letting me search but generally the bar just highlights itself as I have my finger on it.) I tried deleting and re-putting the widget in its place and it hasn't solved the problem..

Also the other small issue I'm having is I can no longer go into silent mode by putting the volume all the way down, it only goes to vibrate and I can't lower it to go on silent. instead I have to go into settings and do it that way. It seems like the settings in this version have given more options but I can't seem to get it to go down to silent just using the volume bar.
Please I'm very new to rooting and this is the first time I took the chance.

Thanks again Pete for putting this out there, I thought I'd screw up. ;)
OH AND ONE MORE THING:
How can I move my apps to my sd card because the "move to sd card" option is grayed out and I can't use it...:(

Last edited:

eddieonofre

Reaction score
Alright I successfully installed the deodexed(whatever the hell that means) rom onto my droid last night and I'm happy to report that it worked, but I have a few gripes and concerns.
Firstly, and I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times but HOW DO I DO THE WIFI TETHERING THING CUZ I CAN'T FIND THE OPTION!!! I've been hearing that the feature has been missing and if it still is so for this build can somebody explain in terms I can understand how I can get it??

and the other two things I noticed(though its not a HUGE DEAL) is that I've been having trouble with the google search widget. I know i can just touch the physical search button but I shouldnt be having this problem. Whenever I touch the widget to search something the bar will just turn yellow as I have my finger on it and I can't search anything using that method(sometimes a window will pop up letting me search but generally the bar just highlights itself as I have my finger on it.) I tried deleting and re-putting the widget in its place and it hasn't solved the problem..

Also the other small issue I'm having is I can no longer go into silent mode by putting the volume all the way down, it only goes to vibrate and I can't lower it to go on silent. instead I have to go into settings and do it that way. It seems like the settings in this version have given more options but I can't seem to get it to go down to silent just using the volume bar.

OH AND ONE MORE THING:
How can I move my apps to my sd card because the "move to sd card" option is grayed out and I can't use it...:(
Ok let see how can I help
Wifi Tethering) I know there is an app call Wifi Tether (For rooted users) that allows you to use ur droid as a wifi hotspot. I say I know there is one but I have never use coz it doesn't really works as a wifi spot, it works like a advoc and I couldn't make it work. I rather stay with the USB tethering.
Search Widget) I got no idea what ur problem may be.
Silent Mode) This comes up to froyo, froyo has different setting in for this. GO to ur settings->audio and u will see that on Vibrate u got different options (Always, Never,Only in Silent, QNly when not in silent) so that is how the vibrates works. Yeah I miss the old way when with the volumes key you could go from sound and vibrate to vibrate only and then to not silent and not vibaret but thats is how froyo works now nothing we can do (that i know)

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

OH AND ONE MORE THING:
Wifi Tethering) I know there is an app call Wifi Tether (For rooted users) that allows you to use ur droid as a wifi hotspot. I say I know there is one but I have never use coz it doesn't really works as a wifi spot, it works like a advoc and I couldn't make it work. I rather stay with the USB tethering.
Silent Mode) This comes up to froyo, froyo has different setting in for this. GO to ur settings->audio and u will see that on Vibrate u got different options (Always, Never,Only in Silent, QNly when not in silent) so that is how the vibrates works. Yeah I miss the old way when with the volumes key you could go from sound and vibrate to vibrate only and then to not silent and not vibaret but thats is how froyo works now nothing we can do (that i know)
So there is no way to have proper wifi tethering if your rooted?? thanks for your input. The thing with a silent mode isnt a big deal..if they did it like that, they did it like that.

eddieonofre

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is, I have heard many people saying that wifi tether works fine for them I personally haven't been able to make it work, and since it as advoc wifi I didn' like it much and just stopped trying.

This is the app name search for it in the market Wireless Tether for Root Users

TuBitMittens

Reaction score

OH AND ONE MORE THING:
So there is no way to have proper wifi tethering if your rooted?? thanks for your input. The thing with a silent mode isnt a big deal..if they did it like that, they did it like that.
I always wonder how many drawbacks there are to rooting. I mean does anybody think the final official release will be more tweaked than what I just downloaded?? I am aware that I blocked myself from ota updates, I just always wonder if we are getting all the benefits of the features..

TuBitMittens

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure there is, I have heard many people saying that wifi tether works fine for them I personally haven't been able to make it work, and since it as advoc wifi I didn' like it much and just stopped trying.

This is the app name search for it in the market Wireless Tether for Root Users
oh alright I'll check it out..thanks.
also does anybody know what the story is with moving apps to the sd card??
edit: I think it says you need a net filter enabled kernel??(I guess I should be googling this stuff and not bothering everyone else)
btw I'm trying the app now, testing it with my ipod touch. It seems to be working but its slow as hell...

Last edited: