[ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You guys r awesome! Seriously that was a great read! Lol. Hey how is the battery life out of the box? I know everyone is different but I'd like to have an idea. As my quote at the bottom says, I look for stability. :) and I like vanilla!!!!!
I get decent life out of it, but I've changed to a 1.0ghz kernel too so it's hard to say..

I took it off the charger at 6:00am and just got the beep to charge it (9:45pm), I'd say normal use (web, facebook, texting, email and phone calls)

Appreciate it. I'll lock and load it. Thanks for your efforts regardless! I have appreciation for anyone who does the work.
Don't stop :)

Nick177th

Reaction score
You guys r awesome! Seriously that was a great read! Lol. Hey how is the battery life out of the box? I know everyone is different but I'd like to have an idea. As my quote at the bottom says, I look for stability. :) and I like vanilla!!!!!

Honestly CN, I have never run in to an unstable rom. Then again, I've only tried 4 or 5 different roms. I guess maybe all of them that are posted on Droid Forums have already received the "Good House Keeping" seal approval.

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Yeah nick. U r probably correct. Probably goes back to the pre froyo days when some roms were having wifi issues and force close issues. Still, I change roms often and have found stability issues with a couple roms on over heating, battery drain, and rebooting randomly. But most devs have gotten so good now, and the communication channels have been opened, that stability usually isn't the problem anymore.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Working on a new compile...
Small changes but I should have something up in the next day or two..

Cleaned up/improved the icon image for SNKWallpapers to look nicer and closer match the stock images as well as added the Cobra Emblem (snkbitten) to the available choices.

Replacing the stock Music player with Eliot Stocker's modified version. I played with it and it's just nicer.

Adding OI Filemanager (FileManager) as it's open source and a very useful tool to have.

A new ringtone is added as well, it's....well it's a surprise. It would definitely lean towards the humorous side.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I get decent life out of it, but I've changed to a 1.0ghz kernel too so it's hard to say..

I took it off the charger at 6:00am and just got the beep to charge it (9:45pm), I'd say normal use (web, facebook, texting, email and phone calls)

Appreciate it. I'll lock and load it. Thanks for your efforts regardless! I have appreciation for anyone who does the work.
Don't stop :)

as a follow up. Monday I took it off the charger at 6:00am and put it on the charger at 10:30pm with 30% charge left.... Not much changed in use that I remember...other than I was on wifi from 8:00am until 4:30pm (work hours) instead of 3g all day.

TMYINC

Reaction score
Downloading right now from R.M. Definitely seems like something I would want to check out. Im the type of person to flash a new rom everyday just to test them all out. Ive been stuck on a few MIUI roms for the past couple days so it might take me a bit to get the feel for it but it does sound promising. Saw it on R.M. a couple days ago when it first popped up and have had it on my mind to test since then. Thanks for a new rom to check out and the hard work you have put into it!

Online1

Reaction score
Running this rom. Seems to be running ok. But is there a Kernal I can run that will let me OC to 1000mhz? Can't go any higher then 800 on this one.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Pretty much run any kernel you want that your phone can handle. I've used Sapphires (cvpcs) and jdlfg kernels myself.

Running this rom. Seems to be running ok. But is there a Kernal I can run that will let me OC to 1000mhz? Can't go any higher then 800 on this one.

Sent from my Droid

gmilliken

Reaction score
just flashed this rom, seems to be going good so far, i like the few changes youve made and it seems pretty stable, running at 700mhz (kind of a side note, is it safe to run a droid1 over 700? ive heard running at 800plus will kill its battery and processor) anyways great rom, keep it up

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
just flashed this rom, seems to be going good so far, i like the few changes youve made and it seems pretty stable, running at 700mhz (kind of a side note, is it safe to run a droid1 over 700? ive heard running at 800plus will kill its battery and processor) anyways great rom, keep it up

I've run my Droid @ 1200mhz, 1100mhz, 1000mhz and currently 800mhz. I saw no real difference between those speeds except in benchmark test, actual use all felt the same. So I run at 800mhz and enjoy the extra battery life and lower temperatures it provides :)

The stock kernel in the Droid every since Froyo supports 800mhz so you should feel comfortable with that speed.

I run with SetCPU
Min -250
Max -800