[ROM] SnkBitten - An AOSP Motorola Droid Rom

Nick177th

Reaction score
Thanks alot for wasting 15min. Of my life. DL this rom only for the snake wallpaper & it's not even included.

I see you're new to the board (5 posts). Welcome. The moderators do not tolerate flaming. The better approach would've been to ask for the wallpaper and the OP would've told you how to access it. Keep in mind that these devs do this for free. You might want to try a little different approach next time.

Deodexed

Reaction score
good Droid rom

Here is the quadrant score if anyone is interested...Yes that is a 976!

index.php

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Hey Nick maybe your right. Let's find out, shall we. I do lots for free too so here we go. Would the dev. Be kind enough to give out a link to the snake wallpaper. Thank you

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Downloading now, I am particular to Sapphire and Project Elite V.2, so this should fit me well. What Kernel is stock and what ones work well????
Sapphire (cvpcs) 250-800 kernel is stock. I've run that and jdflg's 1000mhz and running Sapphire 250-1000 currently.

Pretty much any kernel should work.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Hey Nick maybe your right. Let's find out, shall we. I do lots for free too so here we go. Would the dev. Be kind enough to give out a link to the snake wallpaper. Thank you

Here it is...basically the fender emblem off one of my Cobra's.

Attachments

• default_wallpaper-snk.jpg
    default_wallpaper-snk.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 907
OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Hey deo I'm not new but I haven't devoted my life to a phone. I said nothing negative about his hard work. Btw do you enjoy your freedom? Spending day after day making love to your phone? If so your welcome! Sent with a phone by SGT. Jason Johnson combat vet & Infantryman.hey I thought all Droid users experienced or not could voice an opinion here!

Actually it's probably a little oversight on my part. It's the default_wallpaper so I didn't "double include" it as another wallpaper. Unfortunately this also makes it harder to get back to it if you change backgrounds.

I will probably be adding it in to the selectable wallpapers whenever I do my next compile.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
I. Knew it was. Unfortunately I don't have one. Anyway thank you much & i will try your rom out for a while. You have alot of backing so I'm sure it's a quality product. I really like Vanilla so I'm sure I will enjoy it. Again thank you & i hope good things for you.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
I. Knew it was. Unfortunately I don't have one. Anyway thank you much & i will try your rom out for a while. You have alot of backing so I'm sure it's a quality product. I really like Vanilla so I'm sure I will enjoy it. Again thank you & i hope good things for you.

No problem, thanks.

I like vanilla too.....one of the reasons I put this one together. Nothing wrong with lots of cool tweak type things or added features but I don't have much issue with stock Android.

Poweroff reboot option is a must, so that's there. Extra wallpaper choices, some extra sound files, a few apps I find useful and a pull of the latest source from Google/Android and that's SnkBitten. DSPManager is pretty sweet though if you use your phone for music playback.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
Love the cobra, thanks so much. DL your Rom and I really am digging it! I opted for a stronger kernel hope it doesn't give me any problems, so far all is good. The few tweaks you did are actually perfect IMO. I'm liking it so much I got rid of current rom & plan on using yours. It's perfect for us vanilla lovers! Keep up the good work! Would really like to see what else you can bring to the table. Thanks again & about those 15min, it was worth it to have a conversation with you.

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
Nah...I'm running a faster kernel than what is included in the build. Some phones place nice with fast kernels, some not...always best to be on the conservative side initially.

Glad you like it.

Deodexed

Reaction score
Love the cobra, thanks so much. DL your Rom and I really am digging it! I opted for a stronger kernel hope it doesn't give me any problems, so far all is good. The few tweaks you did are actually perfect IMO. I'm liking it so much I got rid of current rom & plan on using yours. It's perfect for us vanilla lovers! Keep up the good work! Would really like to see what else you can bring to the table. Thanks again & about those 15min, it was worth it to have a conversation with you.

Man I can feel the love in the air again! Phew, had me worried that we had a secret iPone lover in the house! lol

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
What's an i#phone!! Oh yeah that's what my 5yr old pretends is daddy's Droid

ClumsyNinja21

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
You guys r awesome! Seriously that was a great read! Lol. Hey how is the battery life out of the box? I know everyone is different but I'd like to have an idea. As my quote at the bottom says, I look for stability. :) and I like vanilla!!!!!

OP
tcrews

tcrews

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
android.snkbitten.com
You guys r awesome! Seriously that was a great read! Lol. Hey how is the battery life out of the box? I know everyone is different but I'd like to have an idea. As my quote at the bottom says, I look for stability. :) and I like vanilla!!!!!
I get decent life out of it, but I've changed to a 1.0ghz kernel too so it's hard to say..

I took it off the charger at 6:00am and just got the beep to charge it (9:45pm), I'd say normal use (web, facebook, texting, email and phone calls)