[ROM] Smoked Glass v4.5 w/ Custom Boot.img *Updated 2/19*

TheGr838

Reaction score
is there a dl for the boot animation only? if so, link please, and how do i install. thanks very much

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
.....bump?

You mean Live Wallpapers?

Go here to DL and install Live Wallpapers on your 2.0.1 ROM: http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=2566

-Mike

thanks. I'm on SG4.5 so I don't know if that is Deodexed or not. Also, the first link on how to manually install is broken. I'm ok using terminal or root explorer. Are there short steps I can follow? I don't have the adb shell. Is it needed or can I just use Terminal Emulator?

Does this replace my SG4.5 ? I see I can apply it from nandroid recovery. If it gets applied on top of the rom I'm running fine then I'm good to go. thanks again

Balthazar

Reaction score
If anyone is still having problems mounting their droid to their PC here is an excellent how-to by rintintigger on how to mount your droid via wifi. It is unfortunately the only way I can mount my SD card now. Small price to pay though, and wifi mounting is cooler than the usb cord imho.

{URL="http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/5616-howto-wifi-mount-your-droid.html"]http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-faq/5616-howto-wifi-mount-your-droid.html[/URL]

smokndodge

Reaction score
ZIP with Milestone Phone Portal App and Milestone Weather Widget
Download Now
this is the app drawer with the phone dialer and contacts button build on, right? how do I replace my standard drawer tab with it?

Actually it is not the app drawer. The Phone Portal App allows you to connect to your phone via Wifi or USB from your PC. Then of course you that eh Weather Widget. It is nice but I like the one that comes with the theme better.

r1nstang

Reaction score
Just 1 quick question. In the first picture of the second row the app bar has the phone and internet button also.....but the other screen shots dont show that. Is that not included anymore?

smokndodge

Reaction score
Just 1 quick question. In the first picture of the second row the app bar has the phone and internet button also.....but the other screen shots dont show that. Is that not included anymore?

It is there. It is just part of the 2.1 launcher. It looks like in some screen shots he is using the 2.1 launcher and in other screen shots he is using the stock launcher.

CFH

Reaction score
OK getting pretty frustrated with the whole boot loops the motorolla logo thing. I have never ever had this problem installing any other rom period! I tried doing a complete wipe even! And still get the same results. im doing everything the exact same way Ive always done it and still no luck?? what the hell is goin on?? why won't this work for me????

** If this doesnt work im gonna go ahead and jump ship to the 2.1 Roms, since ive already wiped everything anyways I figure why the hell not?

I had the same problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

First, install Titanium Backup, and back up all your data. After backing up, boot the phone into recovery, and wipe the system. Then install 4.5, leaving boot, data, and system checked. Then reboot.

It should reboot without any problems. You won't have anything on there except what was loaded into the rom. Then sign back in to your Google account, open the Market, and download Titanium Backup again. Run it, and as soon as it is ready, do a batch restore of all your apps and data.

This fixed my problem, and the Droid now runs faster and smoother than ever. :icon_ banana: It takes a little while to do, but it's worth it.

BullDroid

Reaction score
OK getting pretty frustrated with the whole boot loops the motorolla logo thing. I have never ever had this problem installing any other rom period! I tried doing a complete wipe even! And still get the same results. im doing everything the exact same way Ive always done it and still no luck?? what the hell is goin on?? why won't this work for me????

** If this doesnt work im gonna go ahead and jump ship to the 2.1 Roms, since ive already wiped everything anyways I figure why the hell not?

I had the same problem. Here's what I did to fix it.

First, install Titanium Backup, and back up all your data. After backing up, boot the phone into recovery, and wipe the system. Then install 4.5, leaving boot, data, and system checked. Then reboot.

It should reboot without any problems. You won't have anything on there except what was loaded into the rom. Then sign back in to your Google account, open the Market, and download Titanium Backup again. Run it, and as soon as it is ready, do a batch restore of all your apps and data.

This fixed my problem, and the Droid now runs faster and smoother than ever. :icon_ banana: It takes a little while to do, but it's worth it.

Cool! I'll give this a shot and see what happens. I had already done a complete wipe before but I have not been checking "data" because from what I understand he doesnt include any "data" in his backups that we use so we can keep ours. I honestly don't think this is gonna work but what the hell I'll give it a shot anyways!

*EDIT* Ok Titanium Backup is a joke. I downloaded it from market and go to open it up and it claims it can't gain root and that I am not rooted.... really?? Thats why I sprecovery .99.3b,busybox, etc. and i am currently running 4.1 smoke glass rom but I don't have root??? what a joke. I even open up Terminal Emulator Pro and type "su" and get the # symbol like your supposed too. I dunno what to do now :(

Last edited:

CFH

Reaction score
Try rebooting your Droid. I believe mine did the same thing, and when I rebooted, several programs asked to be allowed root access, and then they worked.

bd1212

Reaction score
Found the fix.
Tnx @triplem007

Originally Posted by thebowers
If you using the Launcher2, it will use the second screen as default home. To fix this you need this file AllDroid - View topic - [release]Launcher2 Ported to 2.0.1, v1.1b *UPD 2/08/10* . It will correct the issue for the home screen to be screen 3 or middle.

So download the file (second one rename it to Launcher2.apk) and place in the root of you sd card. Then off to terminal we go.

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
busybox cp -R /sdcard/Launcher2.apk /system/app
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync
reboot

Okay, I did this but it gave me the original 2.1 launcher - the one that doesn't have the dialer and browser buttons and launcher on one bar.

So yeah, it worked in terms of putting the home screen position on the middle screen, but it didn't give me the correct launcher.

BullDroid

Reaction score
Try rebooting your Droid. I believe mine did the same thing, and when I rebooted, several programs asked to be allowed root access, and then they worked.

Just tried and it does the same thing. Not liking that app at all.