{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

adjacks86

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow after it charges over night.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

bodean

Reaction score
This is by far the best GB rom out right now. I am running 5.0.2 with the Honeycomb theme and my phone has never looked better.

To all that are having problems, know that GB is a memory hog and in certain instances, it will actually kill an application that you are actually using. I don't really see a great workaround for this as the OG has a limited amount of RAM. The option to lock certain apps definitely helps, but this hardware was never meant to run such a memory hogging OS. This just goes to show you how much effort has gone into this ROM. Great job guys!

I love my Droid and I will never give it up. But Google keeps pushing these new versions of android out and its only a matter of time the RAM limitations finally put old faithful to rest. I will still flash ROMs and mess around with it until it just stops working though.

I've been using a terminal command that actngrezy gave me for over a week to set the memory management parameters back to stock Froyo, and I've seen a huge difference. Because it's not built into the ROM yet, you have to run the command after any reboot. I saved it in Gscript and put the shortcut to the script on my desktop, so I just need to touch the shortcut after a reboot to make it work. I think this is a GREAT workaround, at least for me!

Here's the terminal command:

su
echo "2048,3072,6144,7168,8192,8192" > /sys/module/lowmemorykiller/parameters/minfree

if you would like these numbers to survive a reboot. use root explorer or whatever file manager that you use that can see the system. navigate to system/etc/init.d/02vm open the 02vm then replace the number that are there with the numbers above that gld use which are 2048,3072,6144,7168,8192,8192
now the parameters will survive a reboot. or you can just test it by using the command but just remember you must retype the command after every reboot unless you do the above instructions

I dont see 02vm file on my Droid 1 in that location. What do I do?

blacksoxing

Reaction score
MY EXCHANGE ACCOUNT!!!!!!

I don't mind some of the minor quirks of this rom. But I do mind my exchange account not working!!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I literally have to reboot my phone for it to work!!!!!! My bosses are ready to throw me out the window for not reading important emails. Had a software build go unnoticed for half the day the first time I installed the rom. Just happened to hear a co-worker talking about it before I realized I should check my work email account on my laptop!

Anyone have any solutions to this? If not...I gotta go back to 4.2 or something.

Also, the battery is quick to go from 100%....to 50% w/an hour of regular usage. Before I installed the rom a few days ago I cleared the battery stuff in clockwork recovery. Anyone having problems w/that too?

I went on a 4 hour walk w/gps turned on and it was literally a photo finish between me finishing out my cardio program...and it not dying on me. That's not normal!

blacksoxing

Reaction score
Hi guys - I'm new to PE and so far i'm loving it. I did just notice a problem though, my exchange email account will not update for long periods of time even though there are new emails in my mailbox. Sometimes, if I do a manual refresh, it updates but there have been times where not even a manual refresh does it. It seems like it works whenever it wants and stops just the same. Is anyone else experiencing problems with their exchange/corporate accounts? Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am experiencing the same problem. Did you get any replies or figure anything out topdogg?

try locking it in memory
I just did a search within this thread and saw this reply of locking the exchange account in memory. Has anyone had success with this? (Nobody seemed to quote that they did)

Also, how does one lock an app into memory?

Finally, is anyone also not being notified of texts sometimes?

kenvp

Reaction score
I am experiencing the same problem. Did you get any replies or figure anything out topdogg?

try locking it in memory
I just did a search within this thread and saw this reply of locking the exchange account in memory. Has anyone had success with this? (Nobody seemed to quote that they did)

I was having the same problem with my Exchange accounts & texts. I locked e-mail & mms in memory. Still was having problems. Finally went back to 4.2. GB is a great rom, but I needed my phone to work. Maybe the next release will be better.

illmatic636

Reaction score

try locking it in memory

Look in Elite Settings under performance to lock apps in memory.

As far as someone having tested the exchange in memory option. Go for it! Let us know if it worked for you.

NO YELLING!!!:)

nuguy

Reaction score
With the memory fix in my thread and messaging, and email both locked in memory I am not missing texts or exchange messages. I was before...

kenvp

Reaction score
With the memory fix in my thread and messaging, and email both locked in memory I am not missing texts or exchange messages. I was before...
I tried the memory fix with a number of different settings as suggested by other members. Even with email and mms locked in memory, I was still missing e-mails and texts. My droid just doesn't like the current version of PE & GB. YMMV. Good luck.

Smeech

Reaction score
This is by far the best GB ROM I tried. The stock kernel is ok, pretty smooth unless you run games it can get a bit choppy. Quadrant of 860 at 1ghz. I flashed slayhers 1100mhz kernel and it flies. No setcpu, just the pe throttling. Smooth as butter and runs games (psx4droid even) very well without getting too hot. Quadrant of 1330 at 1ghz.

Keep up the good work.. ill probably need to donate to the devs for this one..

I think im good til a dual core lte phone hits the market..

nuguy

Reaction score
I tried the memory fix with a number of different settings as suggested by other members. Even with email and mms locked in memory, I was still missing e-mails and texts. My droid just doesn't like the current version of PE & GB. YMMV. Good luck.

Just to clarify... You tried the imoseyon script from my thread?

kenvp

Reaction score

Just to clarify... You tried the imoseyon script from my thread?
Yes. I tried your script. Also, there were some other values that others were suggesting. I tried about 4 different memory settings.