{ROM RELEASE}ProjectElite v5 Gingerbread AOSP

Jasko

Reaction score
Yeah. I've tried his LV / MV kernels at all speeds. Just tried to lower my SetCPU to 550 and it was still very choppy and screwed up. :(

I'm wondering if a certain Governor works better than others?

Zepius

Reaction score
Yeah. I've tried his LV / MV kernels at all speeds. Just tried to lower my SetCPU to 550 and it was still very choppy and screwed up. :(

I'm wondering if a certain Governor works better than others?

try it on performance just to test it. if that works well, try interactive

Jasko

Reaction score
so right now i'm using chevyno1's newest kernel - medium voltage though. Have my SetCPU set to 600MHz tops and have the Scaling set on Performance. It did help my video recording out a lot, but still had a quick freeze here and there. Much better than before. I'm just wondering is this medium voltage kernel going to draw more power from my phone, thus drain the battery more?

Zepius

Reaction score
well it will use more power than a low voltage kernel and therefore use more battery.

performance will just lock the cpu at 600mhz (just so you know). did you try a lower voltage one before the standard voltage on the performance gov?

Jasko

Reaction score
Nope lol. Will try now. Very frustrating overall though. I'm hoping the next release of PE weeds this out.

Zepius

Reaction score
what you're trying to do is see if the clock speed matters. it also might determine what gov you need to use for video. interactive is similar to performance, but it doesnt auto max your cpu all the time. anytime it needs cpu or your touch the screen, it cranks your cpu to the max you set it up for

Jasko

Reaction score
Thanks for the help and explanations. I've flashed to the UL kernel and will test it throughout the day on Interactive / Performance on SetCPU. I have the max set to 550 on this kernel.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what post in this thread tells the program to change the internal memory management values? And, the values please.

adjacks86

Reaction score
I flashed this rom like a week ago and I've had no problems what so ever. Well, actually I do have one...I can't stop playing around with it. Seems like every day I find something new on it. Now I've narrowed it down to two different themes I wanna try first and that should happen tomorrow. Thanks for making this one cuz it's def living up to its name.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Ortechman

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed wireless tether issues? I just flashed this rom with a full wipe and now my wireless tether is not working. I am using the stock kernel. I know when I was using winners cm7 builds I had to install a certain kernel in order to got all of my apps to work properly. Help?!? My droid is my only internet access for my family!!

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed wireless tether issues? I just flashed this rom with a full wipe and now my wireless tether is not working. I am using the stock kernel. I know when I was using winners cm7 builds I had to install a certain kernel in order to got all of my apps to work properly. Help?!? My droid is my only internet access for my family!!

Free wireless teather is working decent for me. I turn it on in lecture and mad people connect lol. Try a new kernel

adjacks86

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what happens if you clear the battery stats? I found it by going to Elite Setting> General> System Maintenance and there you will find it. Does it help the battery last longer after flashing alot of different roms and themes?

Swyped from my rooted Droid 1

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me what happens if you clear the battery stats? I found it by going to Elite Setting> General> System Maintenance and there you will find it. Does it help the battery last longer after flashing alot of different roms and themes?

Swyped from my rooted Droid 1

From my understanding you charge it up fully, clear battery stats, and then let it drain all the way until it turns off, and that is supposed to calibrate the battery better.