{ROM RELEASE BETA} PEv6 2.3.3

vnvjeep

Reaction score
Any fix yet for the vibrate/ ringing after picking up a phone call? My phone doesn't do this every time but it still is annoying.

I haven't noticed this? Are more people having this problem? My phone has never kept ringing after answering a call.

Yes - I've been suffering in silence with this for nearly a month, following threads from others with the issue, but haven't read of a fix yet. Is there any news on fixing this particular (nasty) bug? Btw, I love your work :)

Yes... keep the volume on, and turn vibrate off. That's the only way I have been able to get this to function.

-Mike

tilyt

Reaction score
I haven't noticed this? Are more people having this problem? My phone has never kept ringing after answering a call.

Yes - I've been suffering in silence with this for nearly a month, following threads from others with the issue, but haven't read of a fix yet. Is there any news on fixing this particular (nasty) bug? Btw, I love your work :)

Yes... keep the volume on, and turn vibrate off. That's the only way I have been able to get this to function.

-Mike

Will do, thanks.

phonetool

Reaction score
I don't see PE on ROM Manager. That's kind of a shame.
Sure would make it easy for me to try out.

I've read through the first 1/3 of this thread and it seems most people are happy with it.

For the record, my vote is for having the bluetooth voice instead of DSP. I need a fully functional phone over an mp3 player.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

I've read through the first 1/3 of this thread and it seems most people are happy with it.

For the record, my vote is for having the bluetooth voice instead of DSP. I need a fully functional phone over an mp3 player.

Rom Mangler you mean...jk

But seriously most people here use RZR so thats no deal breaker, and updates are provided through the Rom itself.

I highly suggest giving PE a shot you won't regret it :)
dancedroid

phonetool

Reaction score

But seriously most people here use RZR so thats no deal breaker, and updates are provided through the Rom itself.

dancedroid
Thanks- I'm looking into RZRecovery now...

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm having screen issues.... I use the on screen keyboard to type and it presses either multiple letter or the wrong one..... I cleaned the screen many times and rebooted sometimes it works sometimes not.... same for games.... I click one side of the screen it clicks both sides of the screen on its own.... I didn't drop or scratch the phone.... anyone have a clue? I been running pe6 since release

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

noiofnine

Reaction score
I had an issues where the screen was bouncing around anddue to that no matter where I touched it wasn't the right spot. Rebooting didn't help.

I had to pulled the batter and go into recovery. Wiped delvik cache rebooted...and nothing. Booted into recovery again and this time delvik cache and system cache both fially worked.

Hope its the same for u.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had an issues where the screen was bouncing around anddue to that no matter where I touched it wasn't the right spot. Rebooting didn't help.

I had to pulled the batter and go into recovery. Wiped delvik cache rebooted...and nothing. Booted into recovery again and this time delvik cache and system cache both fially worked.

Hope its the same for u.

what's the system cache? I cleared davlik cache ...didn't help... thanks for ur response

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see wipe System..... but does that wipe my apps???

thundercats

Reaction score
Out of sheer curiosity, is there ever going to be a final build of PEv6 released? I was hoping that there would be before the BIONIC came out but if the August 4, 2011 date holds up, it looks like I'll switch phones before that happens.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hope its the same for u.

just tried it....wiped system and davlik and flashed pe6.... still happening and driving me crazy

Alastrionia

Sourcery Themer / Designr
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
thundercats = yes there will be a final PE release. Greg's been hard at work getting 2.3.4 Gingerbread fixed up and ready for us.

sweeeet = do you have the overscroll glow disabled? if I remember right that was something that caused many problems for people with screens being bouncy / twitchy. if you did re-enable it and try a color like black. might fix ya right up.

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
thundercats = yes there will be a final PE release. Greg's been hard at work getting 2.3.4 Gingerbread fixed up and ready for us.

sweeeet = do you have the overscroll glow disabled? if I remember right that was something that caused many problems for people with screens being bouncy / twitchy. if you did re-enable it and try a color like black. might fix ya right up.

thanks alastrionia the bouncing seemed to have stopped when switching to black... it was on stock ...but screen touching still isn't registering in the right place.... no virtual keyboards work... neither do games

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score

dancedroid
Thanks- I'm looking into RZRecovery now...

I personally use RZR now. I used to be stuck on spr forever just never wanting to change what was reliable for me and i saw alot of people with cwr issues at first when gb was first released. With that being said I finally tried them both but i love rzr. the best part is the ability to charge your phone when in recovery. Many get stufck in a bootloop and dont have enough power to flash again so instead of trying it and messing your phone up with a dead battery during a flash you can just charge it with rzr. For example my friend the other day called and he was two hrs away and had no access to a come and he was playing a game with his phoen charging and it just shut off and went into a bootloop. He booted into recovery (RZR) and charged it for like 15 mins then it booted right up. Plus you can restore clockwork and spr backups.

Also in the final the bluetooth issue is fixed you now have both the bluetooth voice and dspmanager.

thundercats

Reaction score

Thanks for the update! I hated to be "that guy" and bug the devs about the release. Patience is just not one of my best virtues.