{ROM RELEASE BETA} PEv6 2.3.3

bendystrawboy

Reaction score
This is my first GB rom and am so far loving it. For the most part, the phone runs blazingly fast. My only bug is the camera. Does anyone have problems with the camera freezing up after taking a picture? It doesn't happen always but it does happen a lot. I have to either wait for it to FC or reboot.

I had the exact same problem but only after applying the blizzard theme. I had no problems before applying the theme. I dealt with it for a few days thinking that there was no way a theme could cause any problems but when I restored my backup to the original theme the problem went away.

If anyone could shed some light as to why or how a theme could cause problems I would appreciate it since I still don't understand.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Try changing your clock speed, ive had issues in the pasr and found running my droid at 800mhz was the sweet spot for my camera.

tco05

Reaction score
Trying to install this from RZR, did a full wipe but I'm stuck in an M screen boot loop. I'm new to Moto (previously rooted DINcs and TBolt), so I'm not sure what to try to get it to flash?

jcwilliams

Reaction score
I have rz recovery and just wiped and reinstalled v6 for a cleaner phone with no probs. However when I rooted my freinds droid it would not take v6 as its first rom it got stuck just as yours is. So I flashed v4.2 and ran it for like 10mins then flashed v6 and all went well.

tco05

Reaction score
I have rz recovery and just wiped and reinstalled v6 for a cleaner phone with no probs. However when I rooted my freinds droid it would not take v6 as its first rom it got stuck just as yours is. So I flashed v4.2 and ran it for like 10mins then flashed v6 and all went well.

I got 4.2 to work, but 6 still boot loops. I'm going to try and run it for a while longer and see if anything changes.

Man, this thing seems a lot more temperamental than the DInc or TBolt.

I'm doing a full wipe, not installing a separate kernel...trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Yonnor

I r Teh Greetest
Reaction score

I got 4.2 to work, but 6 still boot loops. I'm going to try and run it for a while longer and see if anything changes.

I'm doing a full wipe, not installing a separate kernel...trying to keep it as simple as possible.

if you still have issues, i suggest giving Prime's Kernel a shot, it runs awesome on my phone, and have heard the same from everyone who uses it.

You won't be disappointed :)

jcwilliams

Reaction score

Yea that's weird. His took after I ran 4.2. Its like it has to get use to running a different version or something. But yea like yonnor said flash the rom while still in recovery flash a low kernal like 800 or something maybe that'll do the trick. I tried primes and didn't like the performance personally but glad it works for others.
Goodluck

Pleirosei

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently I install PEv6, did a back up via rom manager, so that I had something fresh to start with if I messed up with flashing and tweaking. Recently I needed to use the backup, when I tried, I got a bootloop after the backup restored. I think my problem is that I no longer have a nandroid folder on my SDcard because I accidentally formatted it a day or so ago. I have been searching for how to reinstall nandroid, but mostly what I find is how to do a nandroid backup, not how to install nandroid. Can someone help me figure out as to how to get nandroid back onto my droid so that I can restore backups properly. I have CWM, but no nandroid :(

jcwilliams

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Recently I install PEv6, did a back up via rom manager, so that I had something fresh to start with if I messed up with flashing and tweaking. Recently I needed to use the backup, when I tried, I got a bootloop after the backup restored. I think my problem is that I no longer have a nandroid folder on my SDcard because I accidentally formatted it a day or so ago. I have been searching for how to reinstall nandroid, but mostly what I find is how to do a nandroid backup, not how to install nandroid. Can someone help me figure out as to how to get nandroid back onto my droid so that I can restore backups properly. I have CWM, but no nandroid :(

i dont think i understand you. how did you do a restore if the folder isnt even there?

Pleirosei

Reaction score

i dont think i understand you. how did you do a restore if the folder isnt even there?

Sir, that is a good question. I don't know I can do restores and the nandroid folder is not there. Through rom manager I have created 3 backups. When I goto cwm recovery, they are in the backup and restore folder. Only two of backups work. And when I search around on cwm, nandroid folder is no where to be found

jcwilliams

Reaction score
weird! only thing i can suggest is uninstall rom manager reboot then reinstall. after reinstalling flash cwm a time or two then reboot again and see if the folder appears. other than that idk. let me know if it works. other option would be to try flashing spr recovery then flashing back to cwm maybe or try raids recovery by far the best!

Pleirosei

Reaction score
weird! only thing i can suggest is uninstall rom manager reboot then reinstall. after reinstalling flash cwm a time or two then reboot again and see if the folder appears. other than that idk. let me know if it works. other option would be to try flashing spr recovery then flashing back to cwm maybe or try raids recovery by far the best!

I formatted sdcard couple days ago on accident. Since then no nandroid folder. Where can I get raids recovery

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6

I formatted sdcard couple days ago on accident. Since then no nandroid folder. Where can I get raids recovery

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

Raid has his own section also.

tco05

Reaction score

Yea that's weird. His took after I ran 4.2. Its like it has to get use to running a different version or something. But yea like yonnor said flash the rom while still in recovery flash a low kernal like 800 or something maybe that'll do the trick. I tried primes and didn't like the performance personally but glad it works for others.
Goodluck

Finally got it on Friday! Used the deprime kernel. Thanks for all the help!

tilyt

Reaction score
Any fix yet for the vibrate/ ringing after picking up a phone call? My phone doesn't do this every time but it still is annoying.

I haven't noticed this? Are more people having this problem? My phone has never kept ringing after answering a call.

Yes - I've been suffering in silence with this for nearly a month, following threads from others with the issue, but haven't read of a fix yet. Is there any news on fixing this particular (nasty) bug? Btw, I love your work :)