here is what i get when i try the above steps;

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ $su
# fix_permissions
fix_permissions: not found

any help?

schollianmj

Reaction score
so you rownload them through rom manager, then install?? well unless you have cleared downloaded cache they are already on your SD card.. in recovery select install from zip, choose zip, clockwork... then prowl through all the folders there untill you find your kernels author and they should be in there.

I dug around in there and couldnt find any kernals just a few files from way back when I rooted back in january lol oh well Ill find some kernals to push to my phone

even with a regular rooted phone.
the problem with that is if you download kernels from the purchased section you won't find them searching through it that way.

because...then you could take kernels and ROMs and share with friends...and that would be wrong...:icon_eek:

really?? um... try again. everything is there on your SD card. for example the Kernels I use by slayher... not in the free part of RM. but when I use Astro to browse my SD card and I go to sd/clockworkmod/download/android.antbox.org/slayher/kernels guess what is in there? yup. the 800 1000 and 1200 kernels i downloaded.

to flash them with out RM i boot into recovery, click install zip from SDCard, Choose zip for SDCard, clockworkmod/download/android.antbox.org/slayher/kernels/ then I can select whichever one I want. and it flashes just fine.

So it might take a bit of digging to find the correct folder, but if you used RM to download them, they are in there somewhere. :)

Last edited:

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
because...then you could take kernels and ROMs and share with friends...and that would be wrong...:icon_eek:

That couldnt be further from the truth. Go to chevyno1 forum, in the sticky you see his thread KERNELS...new interactive ones. Even in his sig there is a link to his kernels (although his kernels in RM are from index2, which will cause bootloops). You can go to his direct download page and dl kernels.

RM was written to try and ease the process for those who dont know how to reboot to recovery, and flash things, wipe...restore....or organize their own files. You paid for the app....not the content in the app....that stuff if free...plus most devs provide direct downloads of their kernels and roms online here at DF.net.

What you are referring to is .apk sharing....which IS stealing.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
Yeah its no big deal for me that rom manager doesnt work. I got my kernal installed no problem. I mean rom manager was just the easiest way for me to do it and well...im kinda lazy!:)

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
With RM not working it's actually caused me to have to learn to do more with terminal and manual clockwork. It's not so intimidating now.

o Fi1thy

Reaction score
nah...its not. I remember when i first started way back when everything was like greek. I literally would be up from sun up to sun down trying to learn and eventually i just got it. for about the last 6 or 7 months I could do anything in my sleep. Now making themes or Porting...thats waaaaay outta my league.

Much respect to the guys who do thatdancedroid