Rom manager problem

rblueyz30

Reaction score
I am having serious problems with the app ROM MANAGER. I uninstalled it cuz it was stuck on continuous download without installing. Now when I go to reinstall it it from the market it shows it as not installed in the menu but when I open the app the tab the should saay install says cancel download. So I push cancel download and it force closes the market?!?! Please help!!!! I tried to reboot and it didn't work. My phone is rooted.
I really am new to all this so any help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since ROM Manager is developed by Koush, let's try to get an answer here. Also you should be able to email him.

OP
rblueyz30

rblueyz30

Reaction score
I did email them but got no answer AND seeing as this is an open forum to a variety of Droid topics I was hoping to talk with someone who might have a clue about such problems.
If there is anyone who has experienced similar problems I welcome the help. :)

Droids

Reaction score
I had the same issue with RM over the last few days, thought it would clear itself up but didn't. Go into Settings - Applications - Manage Applications, (filter for All) - Market, and clear both Cache and Data.

Exit Settings and go back into the Market and Rom Manager will download and install just fine.

OP
rblueyz30

rblueyz30

Reaction score
I don't have RM installed on my phone anymore so there is nothing in my app manager to clear. :-(

Droids

Reaction score
I don't have RM installed on my phone anymore so there is nothing in my app manager to clear. :-(

You need to clear the cache and data from the Market app, not the rom manager app. The problem is a corrupted download that's stuck.

OP
rblueyz30

rblueyz30

Reaction score

OP
rblueyz30

rblueyz30

Reaction score
I cleared it and still having the same problem. :-(

Droids

Reaction score
I cleared the Market Cache, then the Market Data, and for good measure I force closed the market app. That should be all you have to do. You'll know it got cleared when you re-launch the market and have to agree to the terms.

Maybe do it one more time, doing the force close as well, and then reboot before trying the market again.

OP
rblueyz30

rblueyz30

Reaction score
YAY!!!!! You are my hero! It worked!!! Must have been the force stop that was needed too! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!