ROM Manager/Live Wallpapers

killians78

Reaction score
I downloaded the premium ROM Manager and paid the 4 bucks. When I go to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery the bar goes all the way to the end and says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I have done multiple things, turned off the phone and turned back on, unmounted my SD Card, and serched this forum for fixes and found nothing. In the end all I want to do is run live wallpapers but for the directions it says I need this to run them. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also, be patient as this i smy first smartphone

huskur

Reaction score
I downloaded the premium ROM Manager and paid the 4 bucks. When I go to Flash ClockworkMod Recovery the bar goes all the way to the end and says "An error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands!" I have done multiple things, turned off the phone and turned back on, unmounted my SD Card, and serched this forum for fixes and found nothing. In the end all I want to do is run live wallpapers but for the directions it says I need this to run them. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Also, be patient as this i smy first smartphone
Go back into Rom Manager and scroll to the bottom and select "fix permissions" and then run clockwork recovery again. piece of cake. Your welcome:)

OP
K

killians78

Reaction score
Go back into Rom Manager and scroll to the bottom and select "fix permissions" and then run clockwork recovery again. piece of cake. Your welcome:)

Yes, I see that and did not mention that I tried that but it is grayed out. How do I un-gray so I can highlight it?

romanrish

Reaction score
Have you hit the " flash clockwork recoery" button at the top

romanrish

Reaction score
Yes, but I get an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands. I have no clue what that means

You are rooted right

Sorry I am new, and I am not sure what you mean by rooted.

Rooted means you have granted yourself root access, and have superuser permissions. I am not at home so I can't link the threads, but you need to search the forums for this. When you go to ROM manager I think it says in the description for rooted phones only if you do not know what this is don't download.

OP
K

killians78

Reaction score
You are rooted right

Rooted means you have granted yourself root access, and have superuser permissions. I am not at home so I can't link the threads, but you need to search the forums for this. When you go to ROM manager I think it says in the description for rooted phones only if you do not know what this is don't download.

Thank you for the feedback. Granted I am totally sure what it does, but needed it to run live wallpapers. Sorry

romanrish

Reaction score

Thank you for the feedback. Granted I am totally sure what it does, but needed it to run live wallpapers. Sorry

You don't need ROM manager to run Live Wall Papers. What version of the android OS. Did you update to 2.1 or are you still on 2.0.1.? I can help you with live wall papers. I just need more info.

romanrish

Reaction score
all right if you are on 2.1 live wall papers should work w/ your stock home launcher. If you are using some home alternatives they do no support it. If you are looking for a good home alternative to switch to i suggest helixlauncher (downloadable from the market) or clockworkmod launcher(3d launcher also in market).

Now enabling live wall papers is done the same as setting your normal wall paper. If you dont see any you like search live wallpaper in the market there are plenty to chose from.

OP
K

killians78

Reaction score
all right if you are on 2.1 live wall papers should work w/ your stock home launcher. If you are using some home alternatives they do no support it. If you are looking for a good home alternative to switch to i suggest helixlauncher (downloadable from the market) or clockworkmod launcher(3d launcher also in market).

Now enabling live wall papers is done the same as setting your normal wall paper. If you dont see any you like search live wallpaper in the market there are plenty to chose from.

Thank you very much Romanrish! What about .zip files I download from this site so I can get them to work?