ROM Manager Issues

MrSinister1

Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with RM and could possibly test your version out, Earlier today I flashed UD v1.0.0 on my girlfriends OG Droid and when I selected install rom from SD card it said ROM Manager was unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run it manually via CWM rec. So I booted into recovery and manually flashed UD and UD booted up fine but then I went to install a theme and RM said the same thing when trying to install from SD and neither of these files have any spaces and I've never had or seen this problem before. Now on my girlfriends OG I can't even manually boot into recovery anymore, her recovery seems broken even after I tried reflashing the rec. So I go to my DroidX and try to flash Rubix and it tells me the same crap again and I'm worried that if I try to flash manually on my DX I will also lose my recovery. There's been a couple of updates since then but it hasn't seemed to fix my prob. and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this as well. I'm on the paid version#2.5.0.5 on the droidx or If could possibly be something I've over looked but all the files are written correctly some I'm quite sure its not the ext. or file name. Thanks for any help.

rlarson_mn

Reaction score
I have the same revision you have but on a Droid 1. No issues with the application for backing up or restoring.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have no experience with ROM Manager and these are the reasons why.
Hopefully we can keep this active so someone may be able to help.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I've had that issue with RM while trying to flash Chevy's kernels (remove spaces), but I've flashed manually and never had an issue. If you lost recovery on the D1 use RM and flash CW then alt. recovery then back to CW, your recovery should return. Doubt you will lose your recovery on the DX by installing manually.

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
well whats weird is that no matter what ROM, kernal, theme or patch I put on my sd card from this website or any other it keeps telling me the same thing when trying to install from sd card(ROM Manager was unable to open this file. Please remove any spaces from your file and folder path. Or run it manually via CWM rec.) and this is on the OG droid and my DX both

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I've had that issue with RM while trying to flash Chevy's kernels (remove spaces), but I've flashed manually and never had an issue. If you lost recovery on the D1 use RM and flash CW then alt. recovery then back to CW, your recovery should return. Doubt you will lose your recovery on the DX by installing manually.

Tallica what you suggested worked on the OG droid I now have my CW rec. back, thank you so much, I really appreciate it now I'm going to attempt to flash her a theme after making another backup, I made a nandroid just to be safe. I can't do this on the dx though because there is no alternate rec. so I'm not sure what to do about the DX because it shouldn't be telling me about the spaces in the file or folder path.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Tallica what you suggested worked on the OG droid I now have my CW rec. back, thank you so much, I really appreciate it now I'm going to attempt to flash her a theme after making another backup, I made a nandroid just to be safe. I can't do this on the dx though because there is no alternate rec. so I'm not sure what to do about the DX because it shouldn't be telling me about the spaces in the file or folder path.

Glad you got the D1 working.

From what I know about the DX (which isn't much) you need the bootstrap app to install Roms/Themes/Kernels on the DX.

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
I have the bootstrap app installed and it works fine, I can boot into CW rec. on the DX to flash manually but with it acting this way I'm worried that if I flash rubix blurry which is what I'm wanting to do and RM acting like it did on the OG droid after flashing UD that I will lose CW on my DX and not be able to get it back because there is no way of flashing an alternate rec. as you suggested. Then I will be stuck without being able to flash any patches, themes, or even being able to restore backups. Because even though I got CW rec. back on the original droid it continues to tell me that crap about this file spacing which leads me to believe that RM is still having some sort of issues, so you can see my dilemma I'm worried about flashing to the DX if I'm gonna lose my rec. because It doesn't have an alternate.

deep_powder

Reaction score
"error occurred while processing the ROM list"

Hey, I got this message in ROM Manager today (never before), any ideas on how to fix it?: "Error occurred while processing the ROM list."

OP
MrSinister1

MrSinister1

Reaction score
Hey, I got this message in ROM Manager today (never before), any ideas on how to fix it?: "Error occurred while processing the ROM list."

which phone are you on(OG droid or DX) and what developers ROMs were you trying to view when you got the message?

neoj2

Reaction score
I am having a similar issue. Only i cannot get sprecovery back. i tried flashing back to cw then to spr then back to cw and again to spr. and nothing. it tries to reboot into recovery but it bootloops twice and just goes back to my homescreen. cw seems to be a lil buggy so i wanted to use spr but it seems like the app has killed my sprecovery to only use cw. what gives?

EDIT== I found out how to restore my recovery. I used my laptop running win 7 though. used rsd lite to reinstall sprecovery and it worked like a charm.