{ROM} Gingerbread-ReBakedv2!

brando56894

Reaction score
ive been using it for about an hour or so and everything seems fine so far. Im highly impressed with how fast it is on my OG droid, and this is one of the first few roms! Im anxious for the future :D

TinGodz

Reaction score
Definitely looks good so far. Thanks for the hard work guys, it's greatly appreciated.

Having similar issues as everyone else at this time. I also noticed the alarm clock is buggy. When it first went off, it stuttered and then forceclosed. The second time it went off, it would stutter at the beginning of the alarm but did not FC.

PeDe7

Reaction score
can those who successfully modified their build.prop post theirs so folks like me can get our market apps back? thanks in advance

Sandso9

Reaction score
can those who successfully modified their build.prop post theirs so folks like me can get our market apps back? thanks in advance

also would like this so i can download twicca and some other apps i dont have

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
Ok. To refresh:

Sensors don't work. (Including kb light)
No gps.
Screen on seems really slow to me. Like 3 seconds to come on.
No accelormeter.
Unlock screen buggy (clock is messed up sometimes and unlock thing is invisible)
Etc that are known.

Can't wait to see a perfect version!

Sent from my Full Android using DroidForums App

Electrodeath0

Reaction score
I've also noticed that playing sounds is now a very challenging task.. at the beginning of a song, it will stutter a few times and doing anything in the background makes it worse. Same thing happens with the ringtone when receiving a call.

Edit: Then again, all my mp3s, including my ringtone, are in 320 kbps. However, this problem didn't occur in Froyo. New decoder?

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
I've also noticed that playing sounds is now a very challenging task.. at the beginning of a song, it will stutter a few times and doing anything in the background makes it worse. Same thing happens with the ringtone when receiving a call.

Yes. This too.

And the vibrate. It stutters and isn't right.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
And the home button never completely works. I have to hit it twice sometimes.

Reaction score

run one of slayhers kernals and that should fix that problem

Index of /DL/LFY/KERNELS

They fix laggyness and videos closing in any browser

moset

Reaction score
Total noob here but just wondering what happens if u run this kernel on a 2.2.1 ROM? Would that tell u anything? I'd try if I could figure out how to extract the kernel from the update.zip.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

brando56894

Reaction score
This ran extremely well for about 24 hours and now it runs like crap. It really threw me off when the lock screen sliders disappeared, I turned it on and there was a box around the time and no sliders and I was like wtf?? i slid my finger where the slider should have been and it worked.

The biggest problem I probably have with the rom is the accelerometer not working. After my exams get done in 2 days I may dive more deeply into this and try to make my own rom and kernel and see how it fares.

blitzburgh39

Reaction score
This ran extremely well for about 24 hours and now it runs like crap. It really threw me off when the lock screen sliders disappeared, I turned it on and there was a box around the time and no sliders and I was like wtf?? i slid my finger where the slider should have been and it worked.

The biggest problem I probably have with the rom is the accelerometer not working. After my exams get done in 2 days I may dive more deeply into this and try to make my own rom and kernel and see how it fares.

Same here. Doesnt happen all the time though. Sometimes

AndroidSims

Reaction score
I just wanted to point out that the issue with the browser crashing seems to be related to the lack of GPS. Since google.com mobile gathers your location on boot and that is the default home page it crashes if you let it load. The same thing happens if you navigate to it in xscope and mirens browser. Someone probably already pointed this out, just tossing my two cents in. Thanks for all the work you guys are doing, keep it up!

Also, when the lockscreen does the box around the clock and the sliders disappear you can slide the keyboard open and closed and it will correct itself.