[ROM][3.30.2011] Das BAMF 1.3 [New mods and kernel!]

Reaction score
(Disclaimer: I did not make this ROM. Just forwarding the info here.)

This is the first step of Das BAMF, a rom project from Adrynalyne and ThatDudeButch. We will be customizing it more and more, as time goes on, but this is where we stand so far. This serves as a replacement for the debloat rom, but will soon reach much, much further.

WARNING. THIS IS A TITANIUM BACKUP FRIENDLY ROM. DO NOT EXPECT MARKET APPS TO BE RESTORED AUTOMATICALLY ON A CLEAN INSTALL.

What you will not find here:
Tweaks found to not work, or be ineffective. SD card speed tweak sounds great, but its redundant.
Super themed, or ultra deluxe super duper mega ultra rom names.

What you will find here:
A sensible (see what I did thar), well working rom that gives you a good Sense experience, without all the garbage from stock.
We will be tweaking more as time goes on, but I wanted to get this out to replace my debloated rom, which to be fair, was rushed.

--Debloated, which includes vzw framework, apps, games, libs, and permissions.
--Tweaked filesystem and minfree.
--Zipaligned (just once, not every boot, sorry), and deodexed. Odex and deodex perform the same after the first boot, when deodex roms get....odexed. This is merely to save space in /system and make tweaking easier.
--Added Google Car Home, removed HTC car app.
--Removed drm apks, and framework for now. If Netflix requires it later, I'll add it back.
--HTC Hub and htcsense.com are partially working.
--Removed Stocks widget, and app. Google has better apps for this anyway.
--Supruser is fixed with rmk40's version, woot woot!
--My own busybox, version 1.19
--Disabled data auto restore, because it tends to interfere with titanium backup.
--Extra scripts
sysrw --sets system to rw.
sysro --sets system to ro.
uber_quadrant --boosts your quads (for fun, must have quadrant installed. advanced or standard is fine).*
rw_boot --sets system to be rw every boot.*
ro_boot --sets system to be ro every boot.*
*don't mind errors if you see them, it will still work.
--profile added to system/bin to help prevent certain malware.
--Includes a kernel for in the event Koush fixes clockwork recovery :x Until then, you must flash separately.
--Kernel has init.d support, as well as adb root, and usb debugging enabled on every boot (even from a wipe).
--Dusk theme from HTC Skin - "Dusk" Sense 2.5 (Z based ROMs) - xda-developers
--No location indicator, thanks Bgill55!
--No recent apps on notification bar. Inspired by http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1004975, using 1.12.605.9 framework, which appears to have quite a few fixes, at least in xml.
--Transparent pulldown and location reticle deleted
--Modded launcher to include 5 app/transparent app drawer, and most importantly remapped the right "personalize" button to Launchkey app, which will allow you to assign any app or a menu with up to 8 functions to it. (Thanks appelflap for Launchkey App and JChiSurf)
--Deleted am/pm in status bar clock and carrier in pulldown
--Added custom circle accurate battery and custom super quick transition animations
--Added Spare Parts to speed up animations even more (change animation speed options to fast for best perfomance)
--SDK version changed to HoneyComb (10) in Build.prop for additional features/compatibility in some apps from market

Custom exclusive bamf kernel, overclocked to 1.2ghz. This kernel is most undervolted, and stock at the top end. There should be no real performance hit to battery. Yes I could have overclocked it higher, but this I feel is a nice little performance bump with little to no side effects of heat, etc. Use setcpu to set it to 1ghz if its not to your liking.
SetCPU for Root Users [2.1.1a] Dual Core Madness 2/27/2011 - xda-developers

--smartass, powersave, conservative, interactive, performance, ondemand governors.
--ext4, tun support.
--cortex and neon optimized.
--CFS IO scheduler, Deadline disk scheduler.
--acc battery is back!
--themed framework, trans dropdown, themed market, square menus, snappy transitions.

Download ROM
Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Revert back to stock theme

Kernel (included, but if you want it separately)

Original XDA Thread started by adrynalyne

Last edited:
OP
Demolition Man
Reaction score
Screenshots

snap20110326_164216.png
snap20110326_164228.png

snap20110326_164258.png
snap20110325_163726.png

snap20110325_120949.png
bamfpull.png

bamfmenus.png

Its TwiX

Reaction score
Flashed this last night. VERY nice! Only problem I have found is that the personalization button on the bottom of the screen doesnt work for me. Which really isn't a bad problem... as I can just hut menu and personalize.

Lovin' Dusk too!

fishfood

Reaction score
Flashed this last night. VERY nice! Only problem I have found is that the personalization button on the bottom of the screen doesnt work for me. Which really isn't a bad problem... as I can just hut menu and personalize.

Lovin' Dusk too!

The OP talks about the personalization button. Download a free app called "Launchkey" from the Market. This app allows the Personalization button to be used as a shortcut for any app or system function, or it can activate a custom menu with up to 8 shortcuts within it. Without Launchkey the personalization button is inop...

I love this ROM so far, and after I discovered that function, I dig it even more. Can't find the transparent app drawer that the OP refers to, though...

TheTyler0013

Reaction score
Running and I love it. But HTC hub won't load to get more themes.

Sent from a bolt o' thunder!

pookie025

Reaction score
i try to flash the rom via rom manager but i it just gives me a red triangle with a exclamation point????

GSXRADDICT

Reaction score
What version is this built from?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have this ROM on the SD card and ready to install. I haven't heard a clear answer to two questions.

1. Do I want to Wipe data and cache? I am rooted but 100% stock.

2. My S/W version is: 1.12.605.6 - am I good to go with this ROM?

Thanks in advance

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Somebody over on thunderbolt forums said he installed 1.3 with no wipe and it works fine. I haven't tried yet either. I have this and Perfect Storm on my SD card but am still stock with an undervolted kernel.
I'd also like to know the compatibility with .6

This thread has been Thunder struck!!