Ringer volume button feels cheap

hodad

Reaction score
I am a new Motorola Droid owner getting acquainted with my new toy. It has a solid feel to it, which I really like, except that the ringer volume button has a little play in it and seems a bit cheap. Is this normal or should I get an exchange?
Thanks.

Rsswga

Reaction score
I am a new Motorola Droid owner getting acquainted with my new toy. It has a solid feel to it, which I really like, except that the ringer volume button has a little play in it and seems a bit cheap. Is this normal or should I get an exchange?
Thanks.

Lol...I hope your kidding

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
All of ours is plastic if that's what you mean.

OP
H

hodad

Reaction score
Ringer volume button

It doesn't have a tight feel to it. It wiggles a little bit when you touch it. Maybe I'm expecting too much. It just doesn't seem to have the "tight" feel to it that the rest of the phone has.

anuraj1

Reaction score
I gotta say I agree. The ringer and camera buttons don't seem to be completely attached and have some play in them. I've had the Droid since Nov when it came out, and it is the only annoying thing to me. Even my crappy feature phones had solid buttons.

But, even with the buttons that are a little loose, this is the raddest phone on earth.

EDIT: The power button is totally solid, so I'm not sure why they couldn't make the other buttons like that too. I can kind of understand for the cam button, since it has a "half click" function for focusing.

Katsun

Reaction score
yeah i gotta agree too..albeit the phone is awesome it feels like the ringer and camera buttons are just waiting for the wrong tug to come off

OP
H

hodad

Reaction score
Ringer volume button

Thanks everyone for replying. While I'm still a bit dubious about the feel of the button I feel better about keeping the phone. I'm having a lot of fun with it and I enjoy going tit for tat with my friend who's always crowing about his iPhone.