Returning dead RAZR

hendricks026

Reaction score
My brother cracked the screen on his RAZR a while back and so I bought a 'for parts' RAZR to cannibalize. I swapped out the front assembly, phone worked fine for a few weeks and now it won't turn on. I noticed that the meid and hex numbers were on the protector when he first bought the phone but don't remember seeing any of these serials inside the phone when I took it apart.

Since the phone is dead, is there any way for verizon to know that the phone we're shipping back is not the same phone as the one they originally sent to us?

Sent from my DROID4 using DroidForums

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you shipping this back for a replacement?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
By opening your phone up and replacing your screen you voided the warranty on it, think you should go into the store and be straight with them and see what they can do.

Have you tried looking around at the threads on here for people that had the same issue of their phone not turning on? There are quite a few methods to try and troubleshoot the phone not turning on, might serve you better to do those instead of sending it back.

I am sure they will be able to tell that you messed with the phone and they will charge you accordingly.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
they will know if you tore it apart ... and they will charge you lots of money for a new one ..have you tried plugging it in and letting it sit for a few hours ( with the facotry charger and cable )

ChevyNexus

Reaction score
Inside the phone numbers are stamped everywhere. They'll know if you took it apart an replaced anything. Also taking it apart voids the warranty on the device. You will either be charged $299 or the full retail price of the device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums