Return my Rezound for gnex

bvjens31

Reaction score
I need some advice here. I got a rezound about a month ago in hopes that it would get soff and Wifi tether unlocked. Now it's looking like it won't happen, and I'm not too keen on paying 30/mo for mobile hotshot when my 4g reception is 2 bars max in my house. SO, since I am past the 14 day return policy, does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get my hands on a gnex? My early termination fee is currently sitting at 170. Would it make sense to just cancel, pay the fee, return the Rezound and then sign up again to get the gnex at 2 year price? Will big red allow that? Shame on me for not waiting for the gnex, I shouldve known better. Thanks all.

Edit: crap, just realized that I posted this in the development forum. Mods, can you move to general? Sorry

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

Last edited:

dfuzzyg

Reaction score
Verizon has extended

Verizon extended their return period to January.

wcjeep

Reaction score
Depending what day you bought the Rznd it's a $35 restock fee until jan 9th.

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
Really? The 2 verizon guys I've talked to so far say that since I'm past the 14 day period, I'm out of luck. Maybe I'm just not asking the right questions? Is there an official post or link regarding this? Thanks!

wcjeep

Reaction score
there were multiple threads here on the forum. Including a snapshot of the originalverizon document.

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
there were multiple threads here on the forum. Including a snapshot of the originalverizon document.

Sorry haven't found them yet. I'll keep looking.

bsmith0731

Reaction score
They told me the same thing. But once I told him I got it after November 15 he changed his tone. And gave me my new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
They told me the same thing. But once I told him I got it after November 15 he changed his tone. And gave me my new phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

I got mine the 14th. >.<

kparks

Reaction score
I need some advice here. I got a rezound about a month ago in hopes that it would get soff and Wifi tether unlocked. Now it's looking like it won't happen, and I'm not too keen on paying 30/mo for mobile hotshot when my 4g reception is 2 bars max in my house. SO, since I am past the 14 day return policy, does anyone know the best and cheapest way to get my hands on a gnex? My early termination fee is currently sitting at 170. Would it make sense to just cancel, pay the fee, return the Rezound and then sign up again to get the gnex at 2 year price? Will big red allow that? Shame on me for not waiting for the gnex, I shouldve known better. Thanks all.

Edit: crap, just realized that I posted this in the development forum. Mods, can you move to general? Sorry

Just to let u know the 4G is not connected to ur cell connection if u have 4G then u have 4G.. And only having 2 bars HTC is notorious for this have u checked ur signal strength under settings. my HTC always shows 2 bars and my reception is just as good as my old dx that my sister is using now showing max bars. Just a thought I don't see a problem with ur phone Enless ur dropping calls or something.. And depending on when u bought ur phone there is a 30 day return policy I would just google it..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
bvjens31

bvjens31

Reaction score
Just to let u know the 4G is not connected to ur cell connection if u have 4G then u have 4G.. And only having 2 bars HTC is notorious for this have u checked ur signal strength under settings. my HTC always shows 2 bars and my reception is just as good as my old dx that my sister is using now showing max bars. Just a thought I don't see a problem with ur phone Enless ur dropping calls or something.. And depending on when u bought ur phone there is a 30 day return policy I would just google it..

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

-86 db signal. I never knew that the bars were not related to data connection. I'm a n00b. Is 86 decent?