Return Droid for Droid X?

ck3p0

Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Motorola Droid for Verizon last Tuesday, July 6 and because Verizon has a 30 day grace period on phones when you can return them I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it to bring mine back and get the Droid X this week when it drops? Would it be worth it? I dont really use the physical keyboard at all now as I find it awkard when trying to hold the phone. However I do like how the phone feels, it doesnt feel like plastic bb (as i am coming from a bb curve 8330) is the droid x going to feel plasticy and cheap? Just wondering what all your thoughts are...

Thanks,

ck

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just upgraded to the Motorola Droid for Verizon last Tuesday, July 6 and because Verizon has a 30 day grace period on phones when you can return them I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it to bring mine back and get the Droid X this week when it drops? Would it be worth it? I dont really use the physical keyboard at all now as I find it awkard when trying to hold the phone. However I do like how the phone feels, it doesnt feel like plastic bb (as i am coming from a bb curve 8330) is the droid x going to feel plasticy and cheap? Just wondering what all your thoughts are...

Thanks,

ck

What do you primarily plan on using the phone for? The droid is very capable and much more customizable than the X. But th X has things the droid doesnt.

FireDroid

Reaction score
The X is also made of aluminium and should feel very solid. I am giving the wife the Droid and picking up an X this week!

gszeman

Reaction score
If you go with the X, just make sure you buy some pants with over-sized pockets! :p

DP03

Reaction score

Thanks,

ck

What do you primarily plan on using the phone for? The droid is very capable and much more customizable than the X. But th X has things the droid doesnt.

True. I am thinking about switching to the Incredible or the X simply because with Swype, I NEVER use my keyboard. Other than having a keyboard that I don't use, though, I think the Droid is a great phone.

OP
C

ck3p0

Reaction score
I primarily plan on using it for a phone, messaging, email, business, camera/pics, news, weather updates, sports tracking, watching stocks. Nothing that is totally crazy advanced.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if you guys thought it would be worth it to bring mine back and get the Droid X this week when it drops?
Worth is always highly subjective. We can't tell you if it's worth it to you or not -- especially without a good idea of what you want/need. As always, compare the features and specs and factor that into your assessment.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you don't care about having a physical keyboard and you don't plan on rooting your phone, the X is the obvious choice IMO. If either of the above two things are important to you, the Droid is a wonderful choice as well.

OP
C

ck3p0

Reaction score
what is "rooting" your phone? sorry im a complete newb w/ the droid os

lunargecko

Reaction score
Get the Droid X, then. It's arguably the best Android phone at the moment, and you'll probably like the better camera.

lunargecko

Reaction score

Gaining superuser privileges, enabling things like overclocking your processor, installing themes, and wifi tethering.

jaycemiskel

Reaction score

If you don't know what it is then you probably weren't planning on rooting, definitely go with the X.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk