Resound Size

ses020570

Reaction score
Hi All -

New to the forum.... picking up my Rezound (AKA Vigor - man I wished they had kept that name!). When compairing the specs between the the Rezound and the T-Bolt, I found the following:

Rezound: 5.08 in x 2.58 in x 0.54 (thickness) - weighs 5.8 ounces
T-Bolt: 4.75 in x 2.44 in x 0.56 (thickness) - weighs 4.3 ounces

Looks as if the Rezound is going to be bigger than the T-Bolt, however, in many of the forums I have read, it appears the Rezound may VERY closely resemble the DInc and Dinc2. Does anyone know if this is true? Or, do you think the sizes posted above are accurate? Just wondering if I have gotten the wrong specs?

Anyone with know?

Thanks and can't wait to get this phone! I currently have the Droind Bionic, but I just can't make myself like the Moto build. The HTC always feels more solid in the hand.

Sean

OP
S

ses020570

Reaction score
Thanks for your message. According to more specs I just ran across the Rezound is taller, the same width, and slightly thicker. It just doesn't look like it in the pics I have seen. It resembles the DInc and Dinc2 more.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Held one today. Definitely felt better than the Bolt in hand. Taller, but more narrow. If its the same thickness, it didn't seem like it due to the back being similar to the Inc and Inc2. Check out www.phone-size.com for comparisons.

--
sent from my Razr

OP
S

ses020570

Reaction score
Thanks JNT. Definitely taller, about the same thickness, but the width is slightly smaller. Don't know how I am going to like that. That is one reason I stayed away from the DInc. I have big hands and don't want it to feel like a toy when I am holding it. I will take your word for it when you say it felt better in hand that the Bolt. Will check it out in the a.m. Plan on going to get one tomorrow. When comparing specs, I think I am going to like it much better than the the Droid Bionic.

Have also punted around the idea of waiting for the Nexus, but I don't like the idea of not being able to remove the battery and no MSD slot.

Your thoughts?

Appreciate your input.

Sean

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I thought the Nexus had a removable battery, but no MSD slot.

I'm pretty sure that's right - definitely on the sd slot anyway.

Thanks JNT. Definitely taller, about the same thickness, but the width is slightly smaller. Don't know how I am going to like that. That is one reason I stayed away from the DInc. I have big hands and don't want it to feel like a toy when I am holding it. I will take your word for it when you say it felt better in hand that the Bolt. Will check it out in the a.m. Plan on going to get one tomorrow. When comparing specs, I think I am going to like it much better than the the Droid Bionic.

Have also punted around the idea of waiting for the Nexus, but I don't like the idea of not being able to remove the battery and no MSD slot.

Your thoughts?

Appreciate your input.

Sean

Well I'm not a big guy and my hands are probably "medium" size, so take that into consideration. And the Bolt was by no means bad, I thought it felt solid in the hand as well, but just a hair too wide from that point of "perfection" (as I hold my square Razr...) - where you grab and just know it fits "perfectly"... if that makes sense - sounds silly to talk about a phone like that, lol...

But the Rezound has some weight to it, and is not near as skinny as the Inc obviously - it felt solid for sure. I'm going to check one out tomorrow as well - one that can actually turn on.

Do you like the feel/size of the Bionic? I had that before the Razr...

Also seeing some great reports from Kellex over at Droid-Life on the battery life - he's been carrying it around for 4 days now and getting some solid results for LTE.

warped1987

Reaction score
I played with the Rezound mockup at Best Buy and I loved it. Very similar to dinc2 with the extended battery on but with a better back. And it had the cool grooves on the back. And the red battery/internal components. And it had the Beats ear bud headphones included. I really want the phone.

Sent from my HTC Droid FRICKEN Incredible 2 using Droid Forums App

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I played with the Rezound mockup at Best Buy and I loved it. Very similar to dinc2 with the extended battery on but with a better back. And it had the cool grooves on the back. And the red battery/internal components. And it had the Beats ear bud headphones included. I really want the phone.

Sent from my HTC Droid FRICKEN Incredible 2 using Droid Forums App

Yeah it feels like a Dinc2 on steroids, which is a good thing - I absolutely love the Inc2.

OP
S

ses020570

Reaction score
Hi JNT -

Overall, the Bionic is excellent as far as performance is concerned. I am just not a fan of the Moto UI (previously Blur). I use a HTC EVO at work and have become so accustomed to it, that I want a HTV product for my personal use as well. I had the Bolt - and had nothing but trouble from day one. Acutally - believe it or not - I went through 9 units before I finally had one that worked. best Buy was in awe - but at least they could reproduce what I was reporting.

The Bionic has some weight to it as well. Positioning of the on/off button could be in a better place though. The Moto hardware is always solid, but the software, etc., has alot to be desired (aside from the original Droid that is). I was never a fan of the DInc because of the size - too small for my hands. I am hoping I am not dissapointed tomorrow when I go in to look at it.

I have heard good things about the RAZR in terms of performance, but the size is a total put-off for me - don't want anything that thin. I work in a hospital and use my phone a lot - therefore, I need something that feels good in hand.

I'm pretty sure that's right - definitely on the sd slot anyway.

Well I'm not a big guy and my hands are probably "medium" size, so take that into consideration. And the Bolt was by no means bad, I thought it felt solid in the hand as well, but just a hair too wide from that point of "perfection" (as I hold my square Razr...) - where you grab and just know it fits "perfectly"... if that makes sense - sounds silly to talk about a phone like that, lol...

But the Rezound has some weight to it, and is not near as skinny as the Inc obviously - it felt solid for sure. I'm going to check one out tomorrow as well - one that can actually turn on.

Do you like the feel/size of the Bionic? I had that before the Razr...

Also seeing some great reports from Kellex over at Droid-Life on the battery life - he's been carrying it around for 4 days now and getting some solid results for LTE.