Resident Evil: Retribution

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
Well, the fifth film is finally here and according to the current box office numbers, it still holds as number 1. I saw the movie, and to be honest, it's pretty much more of the same. But for some reason, these films just work. There is going to be one last film after this one...

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I mean, if you want to see an hour and a half of spectacular effects in 3D, then I recommend you check it out on the big screen. Other than that, you might as well wait for it on Netflix or television. The director had said that if this film was a success-which it was-then he would be convinced to make one more movie. So, a year or two from now will be the final movie. This current one, a fun popcorn flick to take a date to.

TTGSTeve

Reaction score
This is my review of Resident Evil Retribution:
original here: Halloween 2012: Resident Evil Retribution 3D Review | The Trend Guys - Discussing The Latest Trends, Popular News, Gadgets, etc...

I Went to See Resident Evil Retribution 3D Over The Weekend…

I was so ready to see this movie in theaters and I definitely thought it would be really fun to see in 3D. I just knew that this movie was going to take full advantage of 3D technology and I was going to have a blast in the theaters. I hadn’t really read up on the movie or any reviews, so I was going into the theaters with an open mind and had no clue what the next installment of the Resident Evil franchise has in store for me. Unfortunately, I was about to be disappointed.

Why Does Resident Evil Retribution 3D Even Exist?

When you hear someone asking why a movie even exists you know it’s not a good flick. This is a question that I’ve been asking myself and others that have seen Resident Evil Retribution 3D. In all honesty, I have no idea why this movie was put out. In my opinion, it doesn’t really bring anything new to the table. Instead, it feels like a rehash of the previous films.

Resident Evil Retribution 3D is Typical.

I’m sure you could probably take a wild guess on how the movie begins and ends.

The beginning of Resident Evil Retribution 3D: Alice wakes up in a research facility. How many times have we seen that already?

The middle of Resident Evil Retribution 3D: Alice tries to escape the research facility that she woke up in. They’re really struggling for ideas at this point.

The end of Resident Evil Retribution 3D: Alice and a group of survivors facing down incredible odds. You know how every movie basically ends with a **** ton of infected enemies surrounding some sort of a barrier and you’re like: “Oh ****. The next movie is going to be action packed. No way they can overcome those odds.” In other words, it ends just like every other Resident Evil movie. We’ve seen this way too many times for it to be an effective ending at this point.

So, What Was the 3D Aspect Like in Resident Evil Retribution 3D?

They took advantage of the fact that the film was in 3D and there was some really cool effects. It wasn’t as “mind blowing” as I thought it would be, but they did some cool stuff.

What I Think About Resident Evil Retribution 3D Overall.

Overall, I thought the movie was just okay. If I had to give it a rating, I would say it gets a 5 out of 10. It’s not an awesome movie, but it’s not a total bust, either. Honestly, I just don’t see the whole point in this installment of the Resident Evil franchise. Given the ending, I think they would have been able to combine the plot of this movie with what is hinted at being the plot of the next Resident Evil film quite easily. Basically, I think this film is just a way to squeeze money out of fans of the franchise without putting forth any real effort. The Resident Evil 6 game comes out next month, so they know that Resident Evil fans are hyped up and this is a cheap way to take advantage of the situation.

OP
FoneHome

FoneHome

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S4
I honestly found myself falling asleep at parts. It could have been so much better...but I mean, I'm not all that surprised considering that it's the fifth film. We all know how the fifth film in a popular film franchise can be: Rocky V; Star Trek V and now Resident Evil V. I mean, I know there are exceptions to this rule; but the odds are still against this installment. They are going to make one final Resident Evil flick to end it all, and I will nor be surprised if that will be a disappointment too.