reset factory settings

Yes i failed

Reaction score
i have 2 questions regarding factory reset.

1. if my phone came with 1.2 and is now currently 2.2, what version will the factory reset put on my phone?
if it puts 1.2 on my phone can someone show me where the manual update thread is?

2. i have the shazam app, which i downloaded back in may long before they started charging for the app. how can i keep the app version i have without having to pay for it after i reset my phone. is there a way to get the apk off my phone?

thanks

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i have 2 questions regarding factory reset.

1. if my phone came with 1.2 and is now currently 2.2, what version will the factory reset put on my phone?
if it puts 1.2 on my phone can someone show me where the manual update thread is?

2. i have the shazam app, which i downloaded back in may long before they started charging for the app. how can i keep the app version i have without having to pay for it after i reset my phone. is there a way to get the apk off my phone?

thanks

If your phone was a Motorola Droid, it came with 2.0. A factory reset will not restore you to 2.0.

2. You would just have to purchase another app like mybackuppro. But if you got to purchase that you might as well purchase the app. Anyway the discussion of .apks for paid applications is not allowed here in the Droid Forums.

OP
Y

Yes i failed

Reaction score
ok thanks you. 1 more thing, after i reset, how do i re-download apps ive already purchased?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
They are linked to your google account, after you sign in to your account they will show up in your downloads within the Market

OP
Y

Yes i failed

Reaction score
thanks guys, i wouldve searched more but im in a rush, sorry :( this can be closed now

oh yea, where can i download the latest firmware and install via PC, there is no verizion tower around here.

Last edited:

droidedin

Reaction score
I can only speak from experience , but I have a rooted Droid running 2.2. I did a factory reset and it just wiped my data and apps, bit

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

droidedin

Reaction score
Continued.....wiped and it left 2.2 just removed apps and data

droidedin

Reaction score
Any apps you paid for will still be available to you after you reset. Just as long as you set your Droid up with the same Gmail account. You'll for to The Market, click on menu button and select downloads. All paid for apps will show up.