Researching getting a Droid - Have questions

loki993

Reaction score
1) (I'll admit, the iPhone commercials were tempting but I also refused to get one of those too).

Its easy to ignore, when you see those iphone commercials about all the apps just remember all those apps probally cost money. Remember its apple.

techRob

Reaction score
oh yea - and "froyo" = Droid OS 2.2 :)
...and i just e-mailed the one network guy over here that was working on that issue before, and asked him how he got it working for the other people.

techRob

Reaction score
He said, and I quote:
"Click email, then setup corporate email. It has active sync built in.
/username .. it has to have a slash on it."

That's the only funky thing he said he did, was the /username

Sent from my Moto Droid using DroidForums App

harrellj

Reaction score
The slash makes sense to me, since a standard protocol for networking has things set up to be domain/username. It could be the app is expecting a domain but will default to grabbing one from the server name (which could fail depending on how the network is set up).

EPWalker

Reaction score
Thanks TechnRob and HarrlellJ ... I passed that exchange on to my IT guys. We will see if it helps. I did discover via a Google Search what froyo was ... and I already downloaded the 2.2 upgrade (or I should say Google sent it to me to install). For that reason, I wonder about the X and Pro upgrades which some say addresses all this exchange stuff and VPN stuff and whether Google will include those features in future Droid 2 updates.

OP
P

PaulQ

Reaction score
Hey guys.... Just wanted to post a follow-up to my question about Exchange.

I got my Droid Pro and I was able to easily set up the connection to my university's Exchange server using the Corporate Sync method.

Although we use the "domain\username" format, I didn't need to enter my username like that. I entered my domain and username as requested in the Corporate Sync system.

Thanks for your help!!

EPWalker

Reaction score
Looks like I was just a couple of months too soon ... should have waited for the Droid Pro. Thanks for the followup PaulQ ... happy for your sucess!