Rename Images to Block from Slideshow

adam8ch

Reaction score
I was using the Multimedia dock (a refrigerator magnet) and I noticed that the Picture Slideshow was showing album art from my music folders.

I probably won't be using the slideshow very often but it was ticking me off. I figured out that if you rename files folder.jpg or folder.whatever they won't show up in the slideshow.

Not super informative but its something I'd want to know.

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
What program came up for slideshow? I have astro installed and printer share and they are the options that come up when i press the slideshow icon. Any clues?

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
Ok two part. I just noticed the default picture vewer was below the other two viewers that came up as options to view under the scrolled screen when I pushed the slideshow button, I set the default picture viewer as default and all is right with my slideshow hijack question - Sorry about that.

After running the slideshow I do not get the album covers. I do not hovever manually put them in the phone, they are part of the mp3 tag when i copy over the mp3. I noticed a folder on astro that is named albumthumbs on the root level but that was done automatically. The album art seems to be placed in there indexed somehow without extension. Don't know how you got your album art on there but hope this helps.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If you don't want a folder that has picture files in it you need to place a .nomedia txt file in the folder. This will stop it from showing in gallery and such.