Reminder App?

nooter99

Reaction score
Is there a good app out there that can plaster a reminder right onto the home screen. For example "Pick up wife from work", I need it to show up right on the home screen when when screen is lit up. Don't really want something that I have open to see reminder, otherwise I'll forget! Any ideas?

Mateles

Reaction score
I just use Google Calendar with pop-up notifications. It's not always on the homescreen, but it can pop-up / vibrate / make noise whenever you want through reminders. I usually leave the alerts in the top notification until I take care of them.

(Edit: just going with the idea that you don't need to run anything. Otherwise, try one of the "sticky note" apps.)

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
This topic comes up frequently and it's sometimes confusing because the poster doesn't clearly distinguish between a "timed" reminder and a "to do" reminder.

A "timed" reminder is one that reminds you of a particular meeting, appointment, etc. Various calendar-related apps, including the stock google calendar can be configured for this sort of thing.

A "to do" reminder, on the other hand is more like a task list or a reminder to do something on a particular day but not at a particular time. Various apps like "RememberTheMilk" (the one I use) and other apps (e.g. astrid) are available for that sort of functionality.

Making the distinction between the two kinds of "reminders" makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

kiwiguy

Reaction score
I have tried a variety of notes apps and I like gtasks (in the market) as it puts a small 2X2 sticky right on the screen where it is easy to see all your upcoming "To-dos" without having to remember to open an app. You can touch the sticky to quickly cross off tasks that are complete.

OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
Based on 2nd and 3rd sentence in my original post, I'm not sure how much clearer I could of made it.

Kiwi, that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have tried a variety of notes apps and I like gtasks (in the market) as it puts a small 2X2 sticky right on the screen where it is easy to see all your upcoming "To-dos" without having to remember to open an app. You can touch the sticky to quickly cross off tasks that are complete.

Sounds good, but doing a search with just "gtasks" I found 3; one is for $9.99, one is free and the last is 1.49 Pounds.

Last edited:
OP
N

nooter99

Reaction score
I found one that serves the purpose, StickM Notes, costs a buck.

dreemesicle

Reaction score
You may want to try Melon. You can add "toasts" to each reminder and when you turn your screen on, a pop up comes and shows your reminder/reminders. I love it!
It's right there in my face and I never miss a reminder. Also, it's free!

Last edited:

Darkbmx76

Reaction score
You may want to look at Astrid. Its a simple task manager, yet has the ability to have fixed reminders and periodic reminders. Also, their is a nice widget that simply lists the tasks you have set up.