Remember this choice problem

harvardqpham

Reaction score
When hitting the green phone icon on any contact that has multiple numbers, a popup appears with the list of all the contact's numbers and an option to check "Remember this choice". I checked this, and now every time I go back and call that person, it automatically remembers the number and dials it, just as expected.

For curiosity sake, does anyone know how to disable the "Remember this choice"? I can't seem to find this anywhere.

Thanks!

OP
H

harvardqpham

Reaction score
Dumb luck, I figured out what to do. If later on you determine that for that contact, you want to make another phone number the "Remember this choice" option, just simply press and hold the new phone number you want your X to remember and the option of "Make Default Number" will appear. Select this and it'll be your new "Remember this choice" option. You'll notice that on the current number you currently have set as the "Remember this choice", the "Make Default Number" option won't be available.

Hope someone else out there finds this information useful!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
The Long Press works wonders on a lot of issues....or perceived issues.

myriad46

Reaction score
That's great info, thanks! However, I would still be interested in finding out how to disable the default number. I mistakenly selected a default number for someone with 4 different phone numbers that i call regularly.

OP
H

harvardqpham

Reaction score
That's great info, thanks! However, I would still be interested in finding out how to disable the default number. I mistakenly selected a default number for someone with 4 different phone numbers that i call regularly.

So it sounds like you don't want to have a default number period? In other words, you always want it to give you a choice of what number to select when you hit the green phone icon? Hmmm....as convoluted as it sounds, can you just remove the default number entirely and re-enter it? Maybe that will get rid of that.

myriad46

Reaction score
I may want a default number, I just want the option to de-select it. The delete and reenter only works if you sync in between. A work-around in my book, rather than a fix.

grandgrego

Reaction score
Another Work Around...

I may want a default number, I just want the option to de-select it. The delete and reenter only works if you sync in between. A work-around in my book, rather than a fix.

Old thread, but in case anyone is still looking.

Try creating a new fake number, making that the default, then deleting it. Now the Droid X won't know which was the default.

I'm not sure how this works with backup sync and if you'll still have to sync before/after/in between. I didn't sync and it seems to work fine. dancedroid

DooHoo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z2 Force
Go to Google Phone contacts. Press and hold default dial number. Select "clear default" on pop up options.