Reliable Data Counter?

Redbeaver

Reaction score
Hello all,

Anybody can recommend a good data manager/counter for the droid razr?

the builtin manager seems out of whack and the vendor bloatware app that checks my usage doesn't work anymore coz i flashed my phone to a different retail....

thanks!

SallyC

Reaction score
I have used 3G Watchdog Pro but when I compared it to My Verizon stats, found them quite different. I know that the developer is working on improving this as I've had some conversations with him about these discrepancies. I don't have it installed right now so I can't say if it's tracking closer to My Verizon or not. But whatever you try, I would be sure to compare it before you trust it.

Natey2

Reaction score
I love that "vendor bloatware crap" :)
The My Verizon Data widget/app does an excellent job. I think I gave it a 5-star rating.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk

OP
Redbeaver

Redbeaver

Reaction score
thx Sally!

i installed 3G watchdog now and onavo.

i like the watchdog becoz i can manually set what i used so far incase i install the app mid-month-cycle, OR if my Rogers stat is different. the widget is also nice, and some says it reads the android data, so its "as accurate as any app can be", but its a really basic basic app otherwise. simple, nice, and basic.

onavo is nice and new, and i really love how it tracks each data and u can set how much ur paying for it, or for overcharge. it can also block each app from using data (wifi only) which is great. but its a fairly new app so i can't say about the accuracy, and there's no way to manually update the quota. sad...

i think im gonna keep both for now.

@Natey2 thanks! but unfortunately im not with Verizon LOL
but that made me think... does the verizon app works even when u flash to a different ROM? like some mod ROM such as Arctic?
my Rogers phone is flashed to Brazil.en ROM (for LATAM) and the app just stop working.

Natey2

Reaction score
@Natey2 thanks! but unfortunately im not with Verizon LOL
but that made me think... does the verizon app works even when u flash to a different ROM? like some mod ROM such as Arctic?
my Rogers phone is flashed to Brazil.en ROM (for LATAM) and the app just stop working.

I can guarantee it won't work if you are not with Verizon (the app logs into a Verizon Wireless web account to get its data).
It will probably work if you are with Verizon and rooted, and maybe even if you are using a custom ROM; I doubt the Verizon app checks if you are using the stock ROM. And I'm sure the .apk is available somewhere... probably very low demand for that .apk :)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using Tapatalk