{RELEASE} Updated Kernels

EbE404

Reaction score
I've been using the newer 1.0 kernels on PE6 Beta. Very smooth and fast. The only quirk I have is that it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes longer, for the screen to turn on, when receiving an incoming call.

Phone vibrates a bunch of times / ringtone comes on, but screen takes a while to come up. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm using SetCPU... tried SmartCPU and On Demand governors. Max: 1000, Min 250.

Similar issue here. Tried calling myself from my landline.

• Could hear 2 rings on my landline before any response on the Droid
  • Got two vibrates before the ringtone kicked in
  • Ringtone started and it took another second or so before the screen came on.
  • Screen came on and the ringtone stopped.

I was able to answer all calls I have received with no problem so far (although I haven't received many), and have not gotten any FCs in the phone app that others have reported.

I had terrible trouble with the LV kernel (couldn't boot), and the SV kernel could boot, but was really sluggish. I flashed the deprimed kernel mentioned in the main PE6 thread, and have had good luck with the ROM in general since.

I'm also using SetCPU, interactive governor, 30,000 sample rate. Tried various other settings and this seems to be the best so far, although I still need to tweak and play.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
I've been using the newer 1.0 kernels on PE6 Beta. Very smooth and fast. The only quirk I have is that it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes longer, for the screen to turn on, when receiving an incoming call.

Phone vibrates a bunch of times / ringtone comes on, but screen takes a while to come up. Anyone else have this issue?

I was able to answer all calls I have received with no problem so far (although I haven't received many), and have not gotten any FCs in the phone app that others have reported.

I had terrible trouble with the LV kernel (couldn't boot), and the SV kernel could boot, but was really sluggish. I flashed the deprimed kernel mentioned in the main PE6 thread, and have had good luck with the ROM in general since.

I'm also using SetCPU, interactive governor, 30,000 sample rate. Tried various other settings and this seems to be the best so far, although I still need to tweak and play.

Interesting, I to have experienced many of what u mentioned above at least once on every rom Ive ram, I to have tried tracking it down, adjusting minfree settings, adjusting setcpu settings & was almost never able to consistently duplicate or fix each circumstance, it really seems to vary & fluctaute with every single time, I did find one thing that always helped, was disabling any "screen off" profile in setcpu, that seemed to be the only thing that consistently helped, regardless of the rom & or kernel, especially the phone not ringing at all or ringing only once or twice which was the most common thing I saw...Im now running the latest & greatest Liquid (yet to be released) but just got it up & running, I dont thing what u mentioned above is isolated to these kernels or any particular rom, I think its a bit of a widespread thing for some.

EbE404

Reaction score

Interesting, I to have experienced many of what u mentioned above at least once on every rom Ive ram, I to have tried tracking it down, adjusting minfree settings, adjusting setcpu settings & was almost never able to consistently duplicate or fix each circumstance, it really seems to vary & fluctaute with every single time, I did find one thing that always helped, was disabling any "screen off" profile in setcpu, that seemed to be the only thing that consistently helped, regardless of the rom & or kernel, especially the phone not ringing at all or ringing only once or twice which was the most common thing I saw...Im now running the latest & greatest Liquid (yet to be released) but just got it up & running, I dont thing what u mentioned above is isolated to these kernels or any particular rom, I think its a bit of a widespread thing for some.

Thanks for the comments-I'm not sure how much worse this actually is than other ROMs and kernels, although this does seem a little more pronounced. I'll try killing the screen-off profile and see if that helps.

Cheers.

EbE404

Reaction score
OK, just killed the screen- off profile, and there is a definite improvement in the incoming call response. Still a little laggy, but much improved.

Next step is going to be to see if I can optimize the settings, or how bad the battery hit is without it.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

hrdnhvy

Reaction score
OK, just killed the screen- off profile, and there is a definite improvement in the incoming call response. Still a little laggy, but much improved.

Next step is going to be to see if I can optimize the settings, or how bad the battery hit is without it.

I know u mentioned interactive above, if u have not done so already, maybe try "on demand" and set the sampling rate at 30,000 & up threshold to around 90-93....I for one seem have a much better luck with on demand vs interactive.....

EbE404

Reaction score

I know u mentioned interactive above, if u have not done so already, maybe try "on demand" and set the sampling rate at 30,000 & up threshold to around 90-93....I for one seem have a much better luck with on demand vs interactive.....

I've always used on- demand previously, but I try to test different things when there are a lot of updates. in this case, a new kernel, new ROM, and new Android build.

So far, Interactive has actually been working better for this particular build.

However, you're right- that's going to be one more parameter to test.

bigeric828

Reaction score

you'd actually probably want to put up threshold down. higher Up threshold makes you scale up slower which could cause problems. All your telling him to do is put advanced settings back to default.

I'd recommend 32,000 and up threshold of 50. Check out skullones overclocking 101 for more on these values.

TrueKing

Reaction score
when installing a kernel what do i need to wipe, running lgb 1.92. and it says not wipe dalvik

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
You don't have to wipe anything...if anything just the cache.

sszymczak

Reaction score
I've done some testing. No supercharger settings enabled. Home locked in memory.
1.0 ghz lv - wifi works but constant reboots
1.0 ghz sv - freezes and reboots, can't even check wifi
1.05 ghz lv - no wifi
1.05 ghz sv - wifi works, freezes and reboots
1.1 ghz lv - reboot loop
1.1 ghz sv - reboot loop

Granted this could be my phone having issues, but it works fine when I install ChevyNo1's 1.0ghz lv 7 slot kernel.

dpaine88

Reaction score
These kernels are running great but Chevy's new ones got me thinking.

Is logging enabled or disabled by default(on these kernels , obv)? Is there a way to change this?