{RELEASE} Updated Kernels

gimpyestrada

Reaction score
Slower ones please

My Droid doesn't like the 1GHz + kernels. Gets a little hot and my camera is completely inoperative above 900 (sometimes 800).

Can you show those of us that didn't get the good chips some love and upload some slower builds?

You rock!

speedfreeq

Reaction score
I'd also like to see a 800-900MHz version of the LV or even a ULV. Currently running v5.0.2 with deprimed, V6 supercharger. PEv6 never stabilized for me...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Buster Nuts

Reaction score
And I'd love to have gb stable like froyo was. I'm not saying we wont see that but its definitely looking better and better (alot better) I guess only you all can decide if this next release will be up to par.

honestly, v6 with the supercharger script is running as good as my phone has ever ran, so i'd say you are def on the right track. keep up the good work!

CM7

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an 800mhz kernel. Would that improve battery life verse the other higher speeds?

I'm running 800 now with CorCor's and have gotten good life.

Edit: Using 1.0 now. Very smooth so far, no problems installing. Grezy, which governor do you recommend for best battery life?

go on marketplace and download juice defender and it will increase battery life

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind an 800mhz kernel. Would that improve battery life verse the other higher speeds?

I'm running 800 now with CorCor's and have gotten good life.

Edit: Using 1.0 now. Very smooth so far, no problems installing. Grezy, which governor do you recommend for best battery life?

go on marketplace and download juice defender and it will increase battery life

Smart cpu will allow the phone to run pretty fast but still conserve battery life but if your really wanting to save battery life you can run the conservative gov but that may impact performance. you may noticed it wont be as fast as interactive or smartcpu. its been ages since ive ran any other gov besides interactive or smartcpu so i cant say how conservative will impact performance on pe

OP
A

actngrezy

Developer
Reaction score
And I'd love to have gb stable like froyo was. I'm not saying we wont see that but its definitely looking better and better (alot better) I guess only you all can decide if this next release will be up to par.

honestly, v6 with the supercharger script is running as good as my phone has ever ran, so i'd say you are def on the right track. keep up the good work!

well thats really good to hear. what settings do you have in place with the supercharger script?

speedfrq man im sorry to hear that. I would have though v6 beta would have been very stable for just about everyone. alot more work went into performance and stability for the beta. I understand not everyone will be stable without issues but it kind of stinks to hear this. hopefully the final will be a little different for you.

dpaine88

Reaction score
Damnnn killer battery life...

went out last night at like 90%...woke up and at 70% with 12 hours time on!!!

Tepes

Reaction score
thats what i figured. thats what i chose. my phone is still kind of sluggish though. like when i hit delete to delete a email it dont highlight the delete button untill after like 10secs of touching it...not just with email but other things as well just giving an example.

I had to take a couple of days to play with it and read over zepplinrox post a bit. Things I did, were to make sure lock home in memory was not checked, I bumped my VM size to 48mb, running on interactive and did not choose bulletproof launcher. Thing is, you may really want to play around a bit based on your usage. I thought multitasking (8?) Would be a good setting for me because that's what I do, but not a good setting for my phone. Good luck finding your ideal :)

Sent from Hitchhikers Guide

Buster Nuts

Reaction score
well thats really good to hear. what settings do you have in place with the supercharger script?

i've been running option #5 with hard to kill launcher....seems nice and solid, though i havent really tried to purposely push it too much. it will run maps/nav while playing music, which is the first time i've been able to do so on a GB rom without having consistent issues (ie music stopping/starting back up randomly). no force closes or anything like that...

i did notice immediately when i flashed the updated 1.1ghz LV kernel (and t/f lost the supercharger script settings) performance got a little worse. in fact, right after i flashed the new kernel, i was using just my browser and it just closed out (no force close, just booted me back to the homescreen)...so i re-ran the supercharger opt 5 and running like butter again. i dont know if its all D1s, but with GB and my phone, seems like my phone is pretty sensitive to the memory mgt settings.

Jasko

Reaction score
I've been using the newer 1.0 kernels on PE6 Beta. Very smooth and fast. The only quirk I have is that it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes longer, for the screen to turn on, when receiving an incoming call.

Phone vibrates a bunch of times / ringtone comes on, but screen takes a while to come up. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm using SetCPU... tried SmartCPU and On Demand governors. Max: 1000, Min 250.

dpaine88

Reaction score
I've been using the newer 1.0 kernels on PE6 Beta. Very smooth and fast. The only quirk I have is that it takes about 5 seconds, sometimes longer, for the screen to turn on, when receiving an incoming call.

Phone vibrates a bunch of times / ringtone comes on, but screen takes a while to come up. Anyone else have this issue?

Try interactive gov, I'm not having those issues.

hrdnhvy

Reaction score

Since yer using Setcpu? if so Do you have any screen off profiles set? if so disable them then receive a call & see if any difference. And or try running on demand & in advanced tab set sampling rate to 30,000 & up threshold to 93 & see if any difference.

Jasko

Reaction score
Thanks. Ill try, but I've been having random reboots/phone locking up since yesterday. Might go back to CorCors.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

speedfreeq

Reaction score
speedfrq man im sorry to hear that. I would have though v6 beta would have been very stable for just about everyone. alot more work went into performance and stability for the beta. I understand not everyone will be stable without issues but it kind of stinks to hear this. hopefully the final will be a little different for you.

No sweat man. What happened at the end was that I couldn't put any of my apps on SD... if I did, the launcher couldn't see them any more, no matter what I did. I have too many apps onboard to not run them off the card. Left me running with under 35mb!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums