[RELEASE] Pinch Zoom for Google Maps

gnome_sayin

Reaction score
Hobby31, are you doing the commands through the phone, or on your PC using adb shell?

I was using the adb shell on the PC.

hobby31

Reaction score
Hobby31, are you doing the commands through the phone, or on your PC using adb shell?

I was using the adb shell on the PC.

I'm doing them from the phone as I'm at work right now. I was going to try the adb shell when I got home.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Works like a charm! I did it through ADB and got it the first try, I've always wanted multi touch on Maps....and now I got it! Yayy!! Thank you very much for this!

clshaeffer

Reaction score
Layers work OK for me. Bugless Beast 0.7.3 950mhz. Installed via Terminal Emulator on the phone using the "-t yaffs2" mount. It was a little clunky the first time it ran but its seemed to be working fine after a the first time I tried to access layers.

19DroidRage84

Reaction score
Really easy using adb shell. With the Maps.apk located in the /system/apps/. Must have busybox!

-Place "Maps.apk file and com.google.android.maps.jar" on the root of your sdcard.
-Reboot phone into recovery. Mount System and Sdcard. (SirPsychoS 0.99.2b)

Command to your SDK android tools

adb shell
busybox cp /sdcard/Maps.apk /system/apps/Maps.apk
" repeats what you just typed"
busybox cp /sdcard/com.google.android.maps.jar /system/framework/com.google.maps.jar
" repeats what you just typed "
exit

Phone was alittle slow on reboot. But everything works fine.

jdvc1291

Reaction score
does this work as an installable apk for nonrooted 2.0.1 droids?

hobby31

Reaction score
Pete has just posted an updated ROM 0.7.4 with the multitouch maps and he says night mode. No sure if that's for the navigation or not. He also removed the new contacts app as it was buggy and removed the milestone music player as it caused clipping noise in music playback. Also states to fix some gps issues.

Edit: been trying to download the update.zip but seems the link isn't working right now.

notredewey

Reaction score
does this work as an installable apk for nonrooted 2.0.1 droids?

I would like to know as well. I've been trying to figure it out but haven't had any luck. I got the multi-touch gallery to work as that file was provided as an apk. Is there a way to get this new map app in a apk?

Bakes

Reaction score
"If you do not have Google maps included with your ROM as a System app, you will need to uninstall it before following this tutorial."

Uninstall something I do not have?