regular SD card?

fiver643

Reaction score
i just bought a sd card reader at best buy for $20 and it reads all sd cards. i didnt see a card reader on your link. but as long as it reads micro sd then it should work.
p.s. welcome to the forums

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I don't believe that you can connect an sdcard reader to a Droid and have the Droid read the sdcard.

OP
T

ta2slow

Reaction score
What im trying to do is view some pictures that are on a SD card using my droid. I've got a SD card reader with a male usb end and i see they make a female usb to mini usb adapter. Just wondering if this will allow me to view the pictures on my droid?

Thanks
Shawn

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Shawn, I understand your question and as Bn'B said, I do not think this is possible, you would have to transfer those pictures to your Droid's SD card using a computer

iPirate

Reaction score
If you want to see the photos on your phone on your computer you can either, connect your phone to your computer and look at the phone as a USB thumb drive or upload your pictures to picasa and view them there...

Taking the microSD card out and sticking it in a reader is unnecessary work and you have to turn your phone off and take the battery out; there isn't a good reason to do it this way.

Mingle

Reaction score
That's not what he is saying...

He wants to hook the card reader up to his phone, and read ANOTHER SD card, I guess from his digital camera and show them on his phone.

I don't think this is possible, unless there is an app for it... and from all the attachments you have to have to get it to work, I don't think there would be an app for it.

OP
T

ta2slow

Reaction score
That's not what he is saying...

He wants to hook the card reader up to his phone, and read ANOTHER SD card, I guess from his digital camera and show them on his phone.

I don't think this is possible, unless there is an app for it... and from all the attachments you have to have to get it to work, I don't think there would be an app for it.
exactly........I find this hard to believe that it can't be done, going to find a way to

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Getting the right connections is just one problem to solve. You're overlooking the fact that the Droid isn't designed to host USB accessories on its microUSB port. That's why you find it hard to believe. That's not to say that it can't be done (IIRC I've seen posts/pages from those that have but don't have links handy) but it's not worth the hassle IMO. You'd have to Google around for details on hacks to do this, if possible.

Powering the reader may be another issue.

Last edited:

wdprice3

Reaction score
Yeh, this certainly isn't doable natively... and app may be able to do this, but that would be a lot of work, I think... usb drivers, usb bus controller, etc... I'd be surprised to see if any had written an app capable of doing this.

msmi146

Reaction score
Adapter

Couldn't you just buy a micro Sd card adapter? They sell them at walmart and you could save pictures with devices that only accept the regular sd cards and then just pop it out and put the mini sd card in your droid.

I was thinking about doing this for hunting purposes. My trail cams only accept the bigger sd cards so i would use an adapter on them and when I want to look at pictures I could just pop the mini sd card out and look at them on my droid. That way I won't have to come home to view the pictures on my computer. Would this work?

Walmart.com: Secure Digital Micro SD Flash Memory Card: Digital Cameras