Reguarding Themes and Froyo 2.2

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hello all! I just wanted to address some issues with themes and the New Froyo.

All my Themes are in need of a major overhaul I am aware of that. Im doing the best i can trying to figure out what is breaking what and the reason its breaking. Ie: Moto Torch works on the naked rom but when a theme is installed it no longer works. im going through and pushing each apk one be one to see where the problem lies. so Bare with me!!! Im just as new to Froyo as all of you!!!!

I hope this answers why I havent been that active today Im trying to get everything Fix for all themes and port my other themes over!!

Thanks for understanding!!!

*Brian!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
see this is why everyone loves you bill..............................................BRIAN!

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
what all is breaking.. I can help

JsinLegacy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Titans it is already available for download in ROM Manager and in the thread on here titled coming to a droid near you

Works on all froyo build

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks Brian. Most of my issues are very minor ones already. Glad you're working on the fixes though. We all appreciate your dedication.

jmart8684

Reaction score
bgill, if it helps, i noticed in setting > about phone, build number reverts back to FRFxx.....33333, even if different version of the Froyo was previously installed.
Would that be do system files of the FRFxx....33333 overwriting the ones on the phone?
I'm just taking a guess and hopefully that helps.

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
bgill, if it helps, i noticed in setting > about phone, build number reverts back to FRFxx.....33333, even if different version of the Froyo was previously installed.
Would that be do system files of the FRFxx....33333 overwriting the ones on the phone?
I'm just taking a guess and hopefully that helps.

No that is the market fix its just the build prop that wouldn't have anything to do with it. I have it narrowed down to the framework. I'm getting there.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aixelsyd

Reaction score
@bgill5 quick question as I don't know enough about the inner workings of Android itself. Will themes in the *.zip format work or break things if say a device was flashed with an actual *.SBF file of Android. Reason I ask is I know most of the nandroid / ROMs being posted for Froyo are deodexed. And with a device being flashed with an SBF file it would NOT be deodexed so I didn't know if that would affect themes being installed or not. Any feedback/input is greatly appreciated. Peace

PJnc284

Reaction score
For anyone having issues with MotoTorch, Telsa Flashlight is a great alternative and has the same functionality (strobe, morse code, etc). It looks like all of the themes are breaking mototorch but apparently the makers of the app are working on a fix since it didn't work on the original 2.2 leak.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm running your Clean Black theme and I just realized Moto Torch doesn't work.

I haven't come across any other issues yet though. I'll let you know if I do.

n0m0n

Reaction score
For anyone having issues with MotoTorch, Telsa Flashlight is a great alternative and has the same functionality (strobe, morse code, etc). It looks like all of the themes are breaking mototorch but apparently the makers of the app are working on a fix since it didn't work on the original 2.2 leak.

Where did you find Telsa Flashlight?
I didn't find it in the market.

Thanks

OP
bgill55

bgill55

Silver Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So moto torch got an update today can someone test it on a themed chaos rom

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk