Recovery problems

jwalletmd

Reaction score
I am having a problem with ROM manager that I didn't see listed in the thread about Clockwork problems....
I am currently running Nextheme 1.0 by Fab and want to just try some other ROMS...I was running SPRecovery but want to flash back to clockwork....using ROM manager I choose "Flash Clockwork" and it goes through the flash and says everything worked and then I go to Recovery mode and it's SPRecovery, not Clockwork....I've tried flashing Clockwork multiple times and it even says that my current recovery is Clockwork....
Any suggestions? Thanks!

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
In the ROM Manager window, what happens when you select the "Download ROM" option?

OP
J

jwalletmd

Reaction score
In the ROM Manager window, what happens when you select the "Download ROM" option?

I am able to see all the ROM options....and I'm even able to choose a ROM, download it...then it asks if it's ok to reboot to recovery to install...I click OK...then it reboots and SPrecovery starts....

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Does it give you the option window before rebooting? i.e. Backup your current rom and wipe data/cahe?

And/or is it having any errors while trying to install the rom?

OP
J

jwalletmd

Reaction score
Does it give you the option window before rebooting? i.e. Backup your current rom and wipe data/cahe?

And/or is it having any errors while trying to install the rom?

yes it gives me the options to backup and wipe data/cahce...

No errors at all...everything seems to go well....
Even flashing clockwork....no matter how many times I do it, everything seems to go well until I reboot to recovery, and then SPrecovery comes up, not clockwork recovery....

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Well, very strange. Are you sure it says SirPshychoS Recovery, or does it say ClockworkMod Recovery at the top of the screen? They do look similar in many ways, except for the title.

In either case, if it works to flash different roms, then why fix it? In other words, I don't have the easy fix for you and if it works, why fix it? If you're really in a hurt over it, I'll try to help more when I get home from work.

good luck

OP
J

jwalletmd

Reaction score
Well, very strange. Are you sure it says SirPshychoS Recovery, or does it say ClockworkMod Recovery at the top of the screen? They do look similar in many ways, except for the title.

In either case, if it works to flash different roms, then why fix it? In other words, I don't have the easy fix for you and if it works, why fix it? If you're really in a hurt over it, I'll try to help more when I get home from work.

good luck

Well....I did try to flash an older version of clockwork...that still didn't work....so, I ended up doing something actually quite simple....uninstalled ROM manager....then re-installed it....now, seems to working fine....
thanks....turns out to be a simple fix I guess.....but that was weird....
Thanks for your time!