[RECOVERY] Amon Ra Recovery Image [FASTBOOT]

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
dfnewsig.png

This is a custom recovery for the HTC Rezound, [original thread from xda-developers here]. This is an alternate recovery choice to the popular ClockworkMod Recovery by Koush.

To install Amon Ra Recovery: [You must first be unlocked, see here for more info]
-Place the downloaded .img file into the same directory as fastboot.

-Connect the phone to computer, and boot phone into fastboot mode ["adb reboot bootloader" is quick so you don't have to pull your battery, make sure USB Debugging mode is enabled].

-Run the command (without the quotes) "fastboot flash recovery [nameoffile].img" where [nameoffile] is the actual file name of the image file and don't forget the ".img" extension.

This custom recovery will also allow you to root your device once the recovery is installed. From recovery, select the "Developer menu" and the choose "Install su & superuser." Do NOT install the "unguarded" su.​

(Text color for this version of recovery is: cyan)

Download: recovery-ra-vigor-3.1.4-gnm.img
md5: 915d5e3cb662076f36f3d6e54759e951

Last edited:

Insidious

Reaction score
Sorry, HTC noob here; Do I push this through adb? Also, not meaning to threadbomb, but would I use this recovery as opposed to cwm to flash Scotts senseless rom?

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Updated OP, there is a new version of AmonRa Recovery out, version 3.1.3, its red text, old one was blue text.

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya know what?...................................Thanks. I like being able to come back to one spot to get safe instructions.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ya know what?...................................Thanks. I like being able to come back to one spot to get safe instructions.

No problem!

athack

Reaction score
hoping i can get some help... im unlocked and perm rooted stock htc rezound... ive got the amona ra recovery but when i went to get into recovery i came up with the cwm recovery when i highlighted wipe data or reboot or advanced all that happened is that i got that little symbol and nothing happened... how do i get back to developer menu?

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
what color is the recovery? if its red its the latest AmonRa recovery, and if you read down at the bottom when you select an option if tells you press this button to confirm action and this button to cancel, check to see what the recovery is telling you, also you can hit the back button to go back

athack

Reaction score
no macpro88 its cwm recovery i screwed up and installed rom manager and it must of over wrote the amon ra recovery... i was looking to find out if i have to re do the amon ra recovery or if i could just leave it with the cwm recovery?
what color is the recovery? if its red its the latest AmonRa recovery, and if you read down at the bottom when you select an option if tells you press this button to confirm action and this button to cancel, check to see what the recovery is telling you, also you can hit the back button to go back

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
if you want the root option you will need the amonra recovery, cmr does not have that option, so you will need to re-flash amonra, and then uninstall ROM Manager cause you really don't need it lol :)

athack

Reaction score
i think thats what ill do thank you... so i re flash it thru cmd prompt on computer? i pull battery insert battery hold down volume and power plug phone into computer and run the cmd again thru computer?

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i think thats what ill do thank you... so i re flash it thru cmd prompt on computer? i pull battery insert battery hold down volume and power plug phone into computer and run the cmd again thru computer?

You can just connect the phone to the computer and run "adb reboot recovery" that way you don't have to battery pull :D then you can run the fastboot command to flash the recovery. cd to the directory were you normally would for fastboot, and adb is in the same place.

athack

Reaction score
thanks didnt know that i could do it that way... another question while i got you here hope you dont mind but if i kept rom manager couldnt i just install su from market? or is it diff?

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
well you need su (often time referred to as the binary hack that actually gives you root) and then the superuser app itself just manages that root access. so its not as easy as installing the superuser app if you have not already actually rooted the phone by pushing the exploit. you can keep rom manager if you want just don't flash its recovery lol and you can actually use ROM manager to boot into recovery by using that option, even though you don't have that recovery installed.

athack

Reaction score
thats just what i did i reflashed but kept rom manager... i didnt do anything in amon ra recovery with su this time do i have to? i still have root... i did create nandroid backup in amon ra recovery can i rename and move it to sd2?
well you need su (often time referred to as the binary hack that actually gives you root) and then the superuser app itself just manages that root access. so its not as easy as installing the superuser app if you have not already actually rooted the phone by pushing the exploit. you can keep rom manager if you want just don't flash its recovery lol and you can actually use ROM manager to boot into recovery by using that option, even though you don't have that recovery installed.

OP
macpro88

macpro88

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
the only time you need to reroot is if you flash back to stock, most ROM are already rooted and even after a factory reset, you just need the superuser app from the market.