Recomendations for the best/cheapest external TV Tuner card

Reaction score
Can anyone reccommend the best/cheapest external TV Tuner card so I can move TV shows over to watch on the Droid? For either an apple or my pc.

THANKS in advance!

OP
S
Reaction score
thanks! that deal is old. its now $70.
Does anyone use one that they can actual say works well?

thanks

D

dvdcatalyst

Can anyone reccommend the best/cheapest external TV Tuner card so I can move TV shows over to watch on the Droid? For either an apple or my pc.

THANKS in advance!

Hauppauge Computer Works

Love 'em
if you pick a model for PC that they have available for mac as well, you might be able to make it work on both. I have an external USB2 MediaCenter model that works on my macbook as well as on XP/Vista media Center. Unfortunately it didnt work on Win7, so I had to pick up another one. A winTV hvr

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks I will be using one of these with DVD Catalyst :)

What exact model to get?

thanks

D

dvdcatalyst

Thanks I will be using one of these with DVD Catalyst :)

What exact model to get?

thanks

I have a 950Q Hybrid.
I was hoping to get the digital channels from Mediacom, but so far I only have the standard analog cable output working.

The main reason for purchase was to mess around with the new WTV format in Windows 7 MediaCenter. Not much luck on that yet, however, there is a proper work-around to get these files to work, but not automatic. Look on my site for the DVR-MS WTV article.

For TV recording, there is another thread with some ideas as well.

Have a look here for some added info

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-audio-video/8433-my-video-options.html#post69939