Reasign Home Screen?

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I'm wondering if you can assign a new home screen in stock android. Currently when you hit the home button when on a screen the home position is to the far left screen. If I move my current home screen layout to another location I still go to the far left screen when I hit the home key. On my previous phones I could reassign the location of (relocate) the home screen. For example: if there were 5 screens I could set the 3rd (center) screen as home and have 2 to the left and 2 to the right. I don't appear to have that option any longer with the Droid Turbo. Not a huge deal, but with all the customization you can do with android I find it puzzling why this appears to not be re-assignable or I just can't figure it out. Hope I was able to explain this clearly without confusing you all too much... Thanks!

kmf1

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 7 Pro Verizon
The option that you want is not available on the Turbo. Most folks who want a center Home screen, etc. will get a 3rd party launcher from the Play Store. I don't use any, but two that I hear mentioned often are Google Now and Nova launchers. Lots of options for your Home screens.

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
The option that you want is not available on the Turbo. Most folks who want a center Home screen, etc. will get a 3rd party launcher from the Play Store. I don't use any, but two that I hear mentioned often are Google Now and Nova launchers. Lots of options for your Home screens.
Understood. I appreciate the feedback. I thought that was the case, but wanted to be sure I didn't overlook a setting or something. I've used Nova before and liked it so may go that route at some point. I will live with the current set up for a while and see if I can get use to it. It just feels too early to change what stock android intended

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Kmf1 is correct. The
far left will always be the home screen, at least in this build of KitKat. Who's to say if that will change with Lollipop or not. Third party launchers will always give you the greatest customization but at least for me whether home is last, middle or right is really no big deal. True, if you're always at page three of five, then it's only two swipes in either direction to get to either one or five, but I've only been running only three screens anyway so it's max two swipes for me. YRMV

OP
TDL1068

TDL1068

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Thanks everyone!

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
This is good to know as I assumed all Android devices allowed you to move your homepages around as TDL was inquiring about.
I suppose a "Samsung Galaxy FTW" is in order as this option is allowed with stock TW.
Thanks for the heads up.

S5 tap'n

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sony also allows all sorts of customization from number of screens to selecting which you want to be home.