Re-boot application

nhlnut

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is an application available that will provide a hard reset for the Droid instead of having to remove the battery.

nunka

Reaction score
Why would you need something like that? The only time you'd want to do a hard reset is if your phone's OS is frozen, and software won't work at that point...

JayMonster

Reaction score
+1... I don't see a case for this. The only time you would want to do this is if something has gone serioiusly wrong... and if it has... you aren't going to be able to get to the app anyway.

OP
nhlnut

nhlnut

Reaction score
I have had my phone freeze up several times and had to do a battery pull. The verizon tech also said that 90% of most problems can be resolved by a battery pull. I have a body glove case on it and its a pain to remove it each time I need to pull the battery.

JayMonster

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with figuring out what is causing it to freeze up. I have had to do exactly 1 battery pull in the month and a half that I have had the Droid.

nunka

Reaction score
I have had my phone freeze up several times and had to do a battery pull. The verizon tech also said that 90% of most problems can be resolved by a battery pull. I have a body glove case on it and its a pain to remove it each time I need to pull the battery.

You can do a soft reset by holding the Shift, Alt, and Del keys on the physical keyboard. I don't see why a hard reset would solve anything other than a complete OS lockup.

Laurence5905

Reaction score
I'd be more concerned with figuring out what is causing it to freeze up. I have had to do exactly 1 battery pull in the month and a half that I have had the Droid.

Same here -- one single required battery pull because the phone locked up, and I've had my Droid since the very beginning.

I had a few apps, in the beginning, that would cause some screw-ups and require me to reboot the phone (using the power-button, not a battery-pull), but now that most apps have been updated to work better with the Droid, those errors are far fewer.

boatman2220

Reaction score
Remember this is a horse of a different color for most people. Old habits and past experiences are hard to get over. Here it's more than likely a problem with a app, in the past it was more than likely the phone.