RAZR still a top device?

joshxdroid

Reaction score
With all the talk of the gsiii, RAZR hd, and droid dna ect. Do you still consider the RAZR/RAZR maxx a top devise? I do. Obviously I would take the HD over the razr. And maybe the gs3 if it was free, but I look at phones at verizon every few weeks and honestly I still feel like mine is top 3 in my mind. What do you think? Anyone still love the RAZR? Or does anyone hate it?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
With all the talk of the gsiii, RAZR hd, and droid dna ect. Do you still consider the RAZR/RAZR maxx a top devise? I do. Obviously I would take the HD over the razr. And maybe the gs3 if it was free, but I look at phones at verizon every few weeks and honestly I still feel like mine is top 3 in my mind. What do you think? Anyone still love the RAZR? Or does anyone hate it?

Josh, you bring up a good point. The Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx are comparable to the original Droid although I'm sure original Droid users are going to umm come down on me about that. To clarify, the OG Droid set the bar at new levels which were considerably higher than prior levels of technology and the competition was a bit floored by it. I believe in a similar fashion the original Droid Razr and Droid Razr Maxx have also pushed the bar up considerably especially with regard to the battery size of the Droid Razr Maxx. And like the original Droid, I believe the Droid Razr and Razr Maxx have staying power comparable to the OG Droid, simply because of its unique style and advanced technology.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Redsnk95

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my Razr Maxx unless someone gave me an HD Maxx. I've always had Motorola phones and unless someone blows me away with a great phone, that's about the only way I would change. I can do everything that I need to do, so I am happy. I agree in that the Razr is still a top tier phone.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My son and a few of relatives have the GSIII and although it has some nice features the drop calls, lost data and other radio associated problems continue to plague the Samsung devices. Yes, maybe they are getting better, but they are not on the same playing field in terms of radio/antenna technology as Motorola. If went and took a good look at the Droid DNA...nice, but again...not on the same field of play as the Droid Maxx, in my opinion. Bottom line for me is given the dependability of the Razr Maxx and the build quality, and yes I like Blur better that HTC or Samsungs UIs, you can't beat the Maxx. As far as camera, although important to some, if I want professional quality pictures I use my Nikon camera.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
I wouldn't trade my Razr Maxx unless someone gave me an HD Maxx. I've always had Motorola phones and unless someone blows me away with a great phone, that's about the only way I would change. I can do everything that I need to do, so I am happy. I agree in that the Razr is still a top tier phone.

I agree with this.

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
My son and a few of relatives have the GSIII and although it has some nice features the drop calls, lost data and other radio associated problems continue to plague the Samsung devices. Yes, maybe they are getting better, but they are not on the same playing field in terms of radio/antenna technology as Motorola. If went and took a good look at the Droid DNA...nice, but again...not on the same field of play as the Droid Maxx, in my opinion. Bottom line for me is given the dependability of the Razr Maxx and the build quality, and yes I like Blur better that HTC or Samsungs UIs, you can't beat the Maxx. As far as camera, although important to some, if I want professional quality pictures I use my Nikon camera.

I agree. I have had HTC and others, but Motorola [even with the occasional problems] has by far the best radio/antenna technology. What good is a pretty phone if you can not access what you need? I also agree about Blur.

I don't have to have the newest and greatest device. For now, I'm happy with my Razr.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd trade my Razr for a Maxx in a heartbeat. Short of that (and maybe the SIII) nothing out there could make me upgrade at the moment.

Ksupernor2

Reaction score
I still like mine a lot. I went to Verizon a couple of weeks ago and looked at the gsIII, Maxx HD and DNA. All are nice phones but it's not enough to make me want to replace the maxx at this point. I also was reading the December issue of consumer reports and they had the regular maxx not hd rated #1 over the GSIII. I got a kick outta that..... I guess being able to make good reliable phone calls is still important.....

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still like mine a lot. I went to Verizon a couple of weeks ago and looked at the gsIII, Maxx HD and DNA. All are nice phones but it's not enough to make me want to replace the maxx at this point. I also was reading the December issue of consumer reports and they had the regular maxx not hd rated #1 over the GSIII. I got a kick outta that..... I guess being able to make good reliable phone calls is still important.....

Trade me! :biggrin:

RAZRmax

Reaction score
I am very happy with mine. I also have an Atrix HD for work, and much prefer the Razr to the Atrix. It might be the work phone's AT&T versus my Razr on Verizon, but I find the Razr much more intuitive and it has a better heft and feel to it.

Oh, by the way, I am also a licensed amateur radio operator. I can tell you that Motorola is high quality hardware. In my perspective, their hardware is top-notch.

Like Dad used to say, you can outrun Ford, you can outrun Chevy, but you cannot outrun Motorola!

Last edited:

BodyBagz

Reaction score
I swapped from a Moto DROID X to my RAZR... As of right now, there isn't a phone available to get me to swap again.

Sent from my RAZR most likely while I was on a toilet somewhere...

cris

Reaction score
I swapped from a htc droid incredible to a droid razr and its been great. No dropped calls no cutting off or powering off in the middle of a call like the inc would do. Been great.

teksavag

Reaction score
As a rooted user I have reservations concerning the RAZR. Its locked bootloader has plagued me since i got it and started to to tinker with it. Prior to rooting i had 4 RAZRs go bad on me in a row. Since then 5 more have failed me. Various things have gone wrong such as randomly bootlooping, a camera that was just a black screen, and 3 times the headphone jack stopped working... so i like it because I have learned all about it. But i hate it for obvious reasons.

OP
J

joshxdroid

Reaction score
You've gone through 9 RAZR's in a year? No offense, but what are you doing to them?